PDA

View Full Version : My relaxation week (so far)

Cinderelley
08-04-2017, 07:31 AM
I know this isn't for another year, but I'm too excited to not plan. :D Keeping in mind that the week before will be crammed with family, fun, birthdays and weddings, I don't feel the need to have any "must do" stuff except the usual love-of-my-life rides (Big Thunder and Pirates). I also want to eat at Shutters and Raglan Road - two restaurants that we couldn't cram into the week before and we didn't deem as "mandatory" for newbies to see.

Share your thoughts, ideas, criticisms, suggestions, anything at all.

Sunday 10/7
My roommate will be flying to Kentucky to take his two kids to their mother's house in the morning.

Tentatively planning my oldest son's wedding for this day. They only want it to be the two of them, her mom and me to be in attendance. After the morning ceremony, they will go to Port Canaveral to hop on a Caribbean cruise.

I will have some glorious down time to myself after I see my oldest and his wife off. I will be switching to Port Orleans French Quarter. Then, I will probably head off for a massage, get some sleep or both.

After my roommate returns in the evening, we'll hit ESPN Zone for dinner (he's a huge football fan), and spend the rest of the evening enjoying the Boardwalk.

Monday 10/8
We will start the day off with the Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. I haven't even done this and it will be fun to see some new characters. We will eventually make our way over to Hollywood Studios for a few hours. I'm sure we will have at least one competitive round of Toy Story Midway Mania and probably help rebel spy escape the evil Empire. I don't expect to be here for more than a couple of hours.
Dinner will be at Shutters. Some friends and I stumbled upon this restaurant several years ago when we stayed at CBR. I've wanted to go back since then.

Tuesday 10/9
Be lazy in the morning, unless there is something else he is just dying to do. Then attend MNSSHP again that evening. MNSSHP 2.0 will be much more focused on just enjoying the atmosphere, getting a great spot for the parade and fireworks and some awesome photopass photos.

Wednesday 10/10
We'll visit Animal Kingdom in the morning. I want to enjoy Kilimanjaro safaris while the animals are still out and active. I really love just wandering around this park and looking at all of the details. I've never seen the Avatar movie, so that isn't a big draw for me. We'll have dinner that night at Sanaa and then enjoy the grounds at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Thursday 10/11
Epcot day. We'll eat around the world. My only must do's here are a champagne slushie thing from france and MORE SCHOOLBREAD! Considering eating at San Angel along the river/pyramid just because I like the ambiance there. I don't know if we will have enough room for a real meal though.

Friday 10/12
Magic Kingdom whenever we decide to get up and moving. Actually, every day is whenever we decide to get up and start moving other than the Animal Kingdom day. After a few hours, we'll head out for a round of Miniature golf. Dinner will be at the Build Your Own Pasta station and Port Orleans Riverside. I love that place. Then I'll finally stop in and see what Yeehaw Bob is all about.

Saturday 10/13
Heading to Disney Springs. This is the day when I will wander around and buy all the stuff that still has my interest. (I try not to make impulse buys. If I still remember it 1-2 weeks later, that means I really want it.) I'll try to develop nerves of steel to ride the hot air balloon. Have a go at throwing a giant, heavy ball down the bowling lane. Eat at Raglan Road and probably finish the night with a movie.

Sunday 10/14
We'll hit magic kingdom in the morning for one last round of favorites before boarding the magical express to take us away from the magic. :(

mgmnut
08-04-2017, 10:20 AM
Sounds like a well thought out plan!

angela2679
08-04-2017, 11:48 AM
I love this trip of yours! How delightful to have a nice relaxing trip planned. We're going back in November and I'm taking notes from you.. :) have a wonderful time!

texas211
08-04-2017, 02:02 PM
I don't see any restroom breaks planned in there :)

Looks like fun!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-04-2017, 03:07 PM
You're going to have a great time! Enjoy!

If you love the safari, have you thought about adding the AKL night safari to your evening there? It is wonderful!

Cinderelley
08-05-2017, 05:03 AM
You're going to have a great time! Enjoy!

If you love the safari, have you thought about adding the AKL night safari to your evening there? It is wonderful!

Oh this sounds like a great idea! Adding it to the list!

Cinderelley
08-05-2017, 05:04 AM
I don't see any restroom breaks planned in there :)

Looks like fun!!!

Lol. I was watching old Disney planning dvds on youtube. One of them was with that guy (I think his name was Dave) who was the relaxation expert. I may have to try napping on some of his benches along with those bathroom breaks. :)