PDA

View Full Version : Ohana Question

Jessietoystory2
07-27-2017, 12:00 PM
We are going to WDW very soon and I have been trying to get reservations at Ohana (our favorite restaurant), but have not been able to. I have been trying every day. Has anyone just walked in for dinner and how long is the wait if you do this?
Thank you in advance for your response.

ThanxForNoticin
07-27-2017, 12:34 PM
Our experience with 'OHana walkups has not been good. And the times we've had ADRs and have been waiting outside the restaurant for our seats, we've often seen walkups turned away. I expect that doesn't mean it can't happen, but I hope you keep trying on the chance that someone cancels and opens a spot for you. I know it's tedious and a bit annoying, but it might happen for you, if you are flexible with the time you can eat.

buzznwoodysmom
07-27-2017, 01:13 PM
What dates are you trying to book? Its a tough one to secure if you don't do so 180 days out, but I have never not been able to eventually get something there even just a few weeks out. The key is to continue checking for openings, people cancel/change plans all the time. And also be flexible with dates and times. Often times when you are booking Ohana anything less than 180 days out the only availability you will find are later times, like 9pm and later.

Most recently I was able to get a July 2nd reservation for 8:45 just a few days out. I checked daily from about 5 weeks out, and had twice secured other dates and times for that week. As a better date or time would open I would cancel my existing one and book the more appealing time. We didn't love the late dining time, but in my family late Ohana is better than no Ohana!

Good luck! A trip to Disney just would not be the same without Ohana!

Zippy 1
07-27-2017, 10:28 PM
Keep checking every day. If possible several times a day. I have been able to get it very close to my trip date

missymouseworld
07-28-2017, 07:57 AM
We just returned from our July trip last week, and finished our week at Ohana for dinner.....we had a 8:20 pm reservation that I made approx. 60 days out. Walk ups are going to be difficult. We stayed at the Poly last week and whenever we were walking thru the lobby upstairs, the line for Ohana was long and there was a lot of people waiting. Depending on the number in your party and how late you want to eat may play a factor in getting a walk up.

On another note, the meal was great as usual, but the service a bit slow this time.

Hammer
08-03-2017, 01:57 PM
Keep checking as you have been doing. How large of a party? As a party of 2, I have noticed ADRs show up around the 24 hour mark when people cancel to avoid the surcharge.

andmomlau
08-07-2017, 07:30 AM
I tried at the 180 mark for a reservation for 5 in November with no luck! I've checked every day, several times a day. Hopefully something will open up closer to our arrival! Any suggestions?