PDA

View Full Version : Best Alcoholic Beverages

disneycutie165
07-26-2017, 10:20 AM
I will start by saying that I'm not a huge drinker and am far too much of a light-weight to be one, but every now and then in the evenings I like something.

What are the best drinks in Disney to absolutely try? I've heard about the Disney-exclusive champagne at Amorette's in DS, but that is all I know of so far to try. I am definitely open to recommendations! :thumbsup:

(Except beers. I can do IPA's, but not too much beer :beer:)

3 days!!!!:mickey:

Fangorn
07-26-2017, 11:14 AM
Well it's not exactly an evening drink per se, but the Smoked Bourbon Gelato shake at D-Luxe Burger in DS is killer on a hot afternoon.

Chocolate, bourbon and BACON! What could be better?

:thumbsup:

Steve

Fangorn
07-26-2017, 11:26 AM
Also, the Scottish Professor at Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar is quite good. And I like the Kentucky Mule that's on the standard bar menu at every Disney bar. (You might catch a hint of a theme here).

The margaritas in Epcot are pretty tasty as well.

DW likes the Blue Star Cocktail - also on the standard Disney bar menu.

Steve

#1donaldfan
07-26-2017, 12:09 PM
We had some pretty good White Sangarias at the Boathouse last month !!!

mickeys_princess
07-26-2017, 12:18 PM
Lapu Lapu at the Polynesian!!!! Hands down best drink! :lei: :papple: :yay:

Speedy1998
07-26-2017, 12:25 PM
This is an experience and not a single drink, but my favorite is the Wine walk in Epcot. You get a total of 6 glasses of wine, 2 from Germany, 2 from Italy, and 2 from France.

mgmnut
07-26-2017, 12:39 PM
The margaritas in Epcot are pretty tasty as well.

I'll second that, I always get A Margarita from La Cava del Tequila in the Mexican pavillion in Epcot, Usually Blood Orange.

disneycutie165
07-26-2017, 12:44 PM
We had some pretty good White Sangarias at the Boathouse last month !!!
Now that sounds amazing!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
07-26-2017, 01:03 PM
I like Pale Ales, EPAs and IPAs, so its hard for me to find a good beer in the World. I do enjoy Big River Brewing Company located on the Boardwalk. I try to take one night, get the family all tucked in, then had to the Boardwalk and sit on their patio and enjoy a pint while watching the people go by and if fortunate, hearing Illuminations going on at EPCOT.

The Margaritas were already mentioned and I thought there used to be a rum runner stand right by Mexico as well, but I could be mistaken or its no longer there.

Outside of France you can get a Grand Marnier slushie (or Greygoose one too I think) that is very good.

Or you could go looking for the Kungaloosh, which I believe still makes occasional appearances at Disney Springs.

kdbianchini
07-26-2017, 02:26 PM
Grey Goose slush in France.

texas211
07-26-2017, 02:29 PM
In France at Epcot, the Le Citron Vodka frozen drink.. Hands down the best. I might have 2-4, maybe 5 of them. They are great. Refreshing, not too strong, perfect for a warm florida day. Negative, you can only buy 2 person at a time and don't come by the pitcher.

Just do it!!!

eam
07-26-2017, 03:34 PM
Grand Marnier slush a must-do for me. It's the only adult beverage I have to have every visit.

angela2679
07-26-2017, 04:19 PM
I'll second that, I always get A Margarita from La Cava del Tequila in the Mexican pavillion in Epcot, Usually Blood Orange.

Thew cucumber is delish as well!!

angela2679
07-27-2017, 07:52 AM
This is an experience and not a single drink, but my favorite is the Wine walk in Epcot. You get a total of 6 glasses of wine, 2 from Germany, 2 from Italy, and 2 from France.

Where does one go to experience this? It's right up my alley! Is it a certain country that you go to? Or can I go to any of the ones you mentioned and just say that I want the wine walk?

TikiLounger
07-27-2017, 09:53 AM
Epcot...Margaritas in Mexico, Grey Goose Slushies in France. Also, Singapore Sling (or, as DH once called them, after a couple..."Slingapore Sings" hahaha!) in China. Actually, we've only had these during the Food and Wine Festival. They're very strong.

Davy Crockett
07-27-2017, 10:52 AM
My two favorites (beer excluded)
1 - Krakatoa at Trader Sam's Grotto at the Poly. Hidden away treasure behind an unmarked door and well worth the trip over to just sit and enjoy the atmosphere.
2 - Orange or Citron Vodka Slush in the French pavilion at Epcot.

I'll add one more - 3 - Green Apple Martini at the Wilderness Lodge - Territory Lounge. Bartender taught me years ago how to make but the secret ingredient in the cocktail is Licor 43 a Spanish liquor and sets the drink off.

Hope this helps and that you ENJOY!!!

ASweetLov
07-27-2017, 11:34 AM
I love the Pina CoLAVA at the pool bars!

Speedy1998
07-27-2017, 01:09 PM
Where does one go to experience this? It's right up my alley! Is it a certain country that you go to? Or can I go to any of the ones you mentioned and just say that I want the wine walk?

You go to the any of the wine stores in Germany, Italy or France and tell them you want to do the Wine walk. You will get a card that they stamp in each location as they serve you the wine.

I just looked the experience up, the price has jumped to $32 :jaw: (It was only $20 in November). However, they now give you a souvenir glass, instead of the old disposable ones.

angela2679
07-27-2017, 03:25 PM
You go to the any of the wine stores in Germany, Italy or France and tell them you want to do the Wine walk. You will get a card that they stamp in each location as they serve you the wine.

I just looked the experience up, the price has jumped to $32 :jaw: (It was only $20 in November). However, they now give you a souvenir glass, instead of the old disposable ones.

That is pretty expensive.. BUT I think it'll be a must in our November trip this year! Thanks for the info :)

RALPH
07-28-2017, 12:48 PM
The burnt orange at Blu Zoo in the Dolphin. Not cheap but very good. Our favorite