PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning ME

mgmnut
07-23-2017, 10:29 AM
Our return flight for our Sept trip is a 7:01am Jet Blue flight. I am wondering if we will we be able to use Magical Express Back to the airport, I believe that would be a 4am Pickup time at SSR as I think pickup is usually 3 hours before your flight. :sleepin:

Does Magical Express run that early in the Morning or do I need to find alternate Transportation to the airport for our Return flight??:bus:

Fangorn
07-23-2017, 10:47 AM
DME runs 24 hours. No problem with a 4am pick up. You won't be able to use the baggage check in service at the resort - they don't open until 5am - so you'll need to take your luggage with you on the bus. But that's easy enough.

I did it at 3am once.

Steve

mgmnut
07-23-2017, 11:26 AM
Thanks Steve, this is complete opposite from our normal travel plans. I don't mind getting up at 2 or 3am to leave for vacation, which is usually how we do it, I have never had to get up that early to go home, I'm sure there is gonna be a lot less excitement.

We are usually on the first flight down and take a late flight home.

Another question: Am I correct to assume we can call for baggage pickup and a lift to the front of the resort for our 4am Departure if our room is far away from the front lobby?

Fangorn
07-23-2017, 11:48 AM
I'm sure you can. At that time of the morning, though, bell services isn't fully staffed, so there could be delays if 3 or 4 people all need service at the same time. I've always stopped by bell services the evening before and arranged a time with them. Never had then be late when I do that. Usually they're there 5-10 min earlier than scheduled.

And you're right, not a whole lot of excitement associated with leaving WDW at that time of the morning.

Steve

texas211
07-23-2017, 01:07 PM
I have found the times to be close. We stopped doing Dme awhile ago. MCO is too much of a zoo, and Disney I think cuts times too close (for my comfort). Fangorn brings up excellent points too.

Ed
07-23-2017, 02:35 PM
At those hours of the morning, the service actually becomes known as the TRAGICAL Express. :sad: