PDA

View Full Version : Ample Hills Creamy VS Beaches & Cream

SunnyLee
07-20-2017, 04:39 PM
Alright...in a soon to be trip to my HAPPY PLACE...we have only one night available for Ice Cream outside the Parks. And which of these two places would you suggest??!! Beaches & Cream OR Ample Hills Creamy?? Thanks! LLH~

GoofyForYou
07-20-2017, 06:23 PM
We've tried both places. For our family B&C is the hands down winner. The No Way Jose and Banana
Split are our favorites.

Zippy 1
07-20-2017, 09:25 PM
Another vote for Beaches and Cream! love love that place

Mendelson
07-20-2017, 09:33 PM
What?? Beaches and Cream serves Edy's, if memory serves, just like most places in WDW. So just go to your local grocery store if you want that.

Ample Hills, on the other hand, is insanely good, legit amazing ice cream. This is no contest. And you don't need a stinking ADR.

BrerGnat
07-20-2017, 11:02 PM
Definitely Ample Hills.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

JanetMegan
07-21-2017, 10:15 AM
Where is this Ample Hills? Never heard of it?

Mendelson
07-21-2017, 10:53 AM
Where is this Ample Hills? Never heard of it?

Here: http://bfy.tw/Cxgv

It's an ice cream place at the Boardwalk. It opened in Spring of 2016.

I highly suggest the flight of six ice creams, and get the Ooey Gooey Buttercake.

cer
07-21-2017, 11:13 AM
I'd choose Ample Hills.

JanetMegan
07-21-2017, 11:45 AM
Here: http://bfy.tw/Cxgv

It's an ice cream place at the Boardwalk. It opened in Spring of 2016.

I highly suggest the flight of six ice creams, and get the Ooey Gooey Buttercake.

Hey now...I know I could have done that but figured maybe others might be interested too :)

BIGDOG
07-21-2017, 11:56 AM
What?? Beaches and Cream serves Edy's, if memory serves, just like most places in WDW. So just go to your local grocery store if you want that.

Ample Hills, on the other hand, is insanely good, legit amazing ice cream. This is no contest. And you don't need a stinking ADR.

"Now you need a ADR for ice cream?" Are you kidding me.

#1donaldfan
07-21-2017, 01:08 PM
"Now you need a ADR for ice cream?" Are you kidding me.

They do have a walk-up window for smaller cups and cones, but yes, ADR's in case you want to try out the Kitchen Sink .... I'll have to look up Ample Hills ....

Mendelson
07-21-2017, 01:13 PM
They do have a walk-up window for smaller cups and cones, but yes, ADR's in case you want to try out the Kitchen Sink .... I'll have to look up Ample Hills ....

Right, I just meant that for the No Way Jose or any of the specialty ice cream dishes at Beaches you need an ADR. And that place is so small they are hard to get!

Bethanymouse
07-23-2017, 09:16 PM
We played around with this exact same idea for our august trip. In the end- B&C won out simply because my DH loves the No way Jose.

BrerGnat
07-24-2017, 03:47 PM
We played around with this exact same idea for our august trip. In the end- B&C won out simply because my DH loves the No way Jose.This is so easy to make at home, FYI. Literally just need some Edys/Dreyers vanilla and chocolate ice cream, chocolate and peanut butter chips, hot fudge, and smooth peanut butter (microwave it for about 15-20 seconds and pour over the ice cream). I make it sometimes and I like it better because I can start eating it before half the ice cream is melted...like what happens at B&C

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Simba's Mom
07-28-2017, 09:48 PM
Is this 6 ice cream flight doable for 2 ice cream lovers? Are the scoops of each ice cream full size or smaller sample size? If sample size I'd expect we'd be OK, not so sure if full size.