PDA

View Full Version : Mark's College Tour with Some Disney Thrown In 2017 Day 6

brownie
07-19-2017, 09:48 PM
On Friday, July 14 we were up early to get to Extra Magic Hour at Magic Kingdom. We drove to the Transportation & Ticket Center and took the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom. We were in the park at 8am. We had wanted to go to Adventureland first but since that was closed during Extra Magic Hour we ended up in Fantasyland.

There was a short line for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, so we got into line for that. We ended up waiting about 25 minutes in line.

We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast at Gaston's Tavern then rode Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid with no wait in line. Next up was "it's a small world," also with no wait in line.

We headed over to Adventureland and rode Pirates of the Caribbean next. We had a 42 minute wait in line.

Next up was Tomorrowland where we rode Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin which only had a 20 minute wait in line. Monster's, Inc. Laugh Floor and Stitch's Great Escape were mobbed so we were surprised there wasn't a longer line for Space Ranger Spin. We rode the Peoplemover next, with no wait in line.

We ate lunch at the Tomorrowland Terrace. I had the pulled pork sandwich and Sharon had the chicken caesar salad. Mark grabbed a foot-long macaroni & cheese hot dog from Casey's Corner for lunch. The table we sat at had a nice view of Cinderella Castle and we could sort of see Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! when it came through the hub.

After lunch we went through the Emporium shops to kill some time before The Muppets Present Great Moments in American History 1:25pm show. We ended up missing a couple minutes of the beginning. The show has is funny and was well performed. It was about the American Revolution, so I wonder why the little American flags they used in the show have 50 stars instead of using a flag closer to that time period.

The Haunted Mansion was our first Fastpass of the day, at 1:35pm. We had about a 10 minute wait in line.

We headed to Adventureland for a round of Dole Whips and then caught the 3pm Festival of Fantasy parade by the bridge going from Frontierland to the hub.

We headed over to Tomorrowland for our second Fastpass of the day, Space Mountain. We had a 10 minute wait in line.

We wandered through the Tomorrowland and New Fantasyland shops then headed over to the Fantasyland station. We rode the Walt Disney World Railroad over to the Frontierland station.

We had to wait some before we could use our next Fastpass, 4:55pm for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We sat in Frontierland while waiting for our Fastpass window to open up. We ended up waiting about 14 minutes in line.

Next up was dinner at Tony's Town Square; we had a 5:55pm Advance Dining Reservation. Sharon had the chicken parmigiana, Mark had the spaghetti & meatball, and I had the trio. I also had the Italian sausage soup, which was good.

I was able to grab us Fastpasses for The Jungle Cruise during dinner, so we headed over to Adventureland to use our Fastpasses after dinner. We had no wait in line. We had an awesome skipper; she did a great job.

I tried to get us another Fastpass while we were riding the Jungle Cruise but the Fastpass system ended up going down. We saw Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. We walked right in for the show.

We headed back to the hub area to get a spot to see Happily Ever After. We found a space just south of the bridge on the south end of the hub, lined up with Cinderella Castle. It was a good place to watch Happily Ever After. It's a fantastic show. The pictures and video I've seen do not do it justice.

Following Happily Ever After, we left the park and took the monorail back to the Transportation & Ticket Center. We drove back to Pop Century. We shopped some and bought a supply of chocolate dipped Mickey rice krispy treats before calling it a night.

Cinderelley
07-20-2017, 03:30 AM
Sounds great. :)

faline
07-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Awesome Magic Kingdom day!!

Mendelson
07-20-2017, 02:05 PM
Great report...I hit "dislike" by accident. Obviously i don't dislike it, but can't figure out how to undo it!

hauntedmansiongirl
08-06-2017, 11:18 PM
Thanks so much for sharing! It helps to live vicariously through you!!