PDA

View Full Version : Say Goodbye to Dragon Challenge

DizneyFreak2002
07-16-2017, 02:28 AM
Universal is getting ready to shut and replace Dragon Challenge... This are is part of Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade... It was rethemed to the Tri-wizard Cup as part of the make over...

Now strong winds are blowing news that DC will be removed for an all new Potter experience...

Stay tuned!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

texas211
07-16-2017, 07:58 AM
Yet Poseidon lives...?

KathyMO
07-16-2017, 03:55 PM
Yet Poseidon lives...?

I agree :confused:

DizneyFreak2002
07-16-2017, 05:46 PM
Yea sadly... there was a pitch for the area but nothing came of it...

DizneyFreak2002
07-24-2017, 12:33 PM
It is official... Dragon Challenge closes September 5th... New Potter attraction coming... No details other than it will be a roller coaster....

BrerGnat
07-24-2017, 12:35 PM
It is official... Dragon Challenge closes September 5th... New Potter attraction coming... No details other than it will be a roller coaster....

Sent from my SM-N920P using TapatalkThe article I read said it would be "fun for the whole family," so I'm assuming something along the lines of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Also, it will open in2019.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DizneyFreak2002
07-24-2017, 12:37 PM
The article I read said it would be "fun for the whole family," so I'm assuming something along the lines of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

There was the rumor it would be a family style coaster so I assume like 7D... really honestly dont know what is planned.... i hope its family friendly...

DizneyFreak2002
07-24-2017, 12:52 PM
I wonder... when reading the report on Universals blog.... if this will enclosed surrounded by screens!!!!

I think this will take place in tbe Forbidden Forest... Can be thrilling but still family friendly...

BrerGnat
07-24-2017, 03:44 PM
Maybe the flying car from the movie? It said something about a "fast way to get around" the HP universe. Either the car or something to do with the Floo Network is my guess. And yeah, I think screens are a given here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

DizneyFreak2002
07-24-2017, 06:14 PM
Maybe the flying car from the movie? It said something about a "fast way to get around" the HP universe. Either the car or something to do with the Floo Network is my guess. And yeah, I think screens are a given here.

You know I'm going to find out... Or try to at least... Flying car makes sense... Especially since the car did travel through the Forbidden Forest...

MizMissy
07-25-2017, 08:58 AM
Wait ... Dragon Challenge as in the COASTER??? They are going to remove a large coaster for another screen "ride"?

SIGH. I know it is old and was repurposed to sort of fit into Wizarding World, but still ... it's an actual coaster. This disappoints me and will really upset my kids who love this coaster. I guess old school mentality does not work at Universal.

buzznwoodysmom
07-25-2017, 09:20 AM
I agree Karen! While I am all for a new attraction, Dragon Challenge is a family favorite. It will be sadly missed by my family.

We really enjoy Forbidden Journey, but gringotts was a bit of a letdown. Hoping this new attraction isn't too similar to gringotts.

BrerGnat
07-25-2017, 11:10 AM
I agree Karen! While I am all for a new attraction, Dragon Challenge is a family favorite. It will be sadly missed by my family.

We really enjoy Forbidden Journey, but gringotts was a bit of a letdown. Hoping this new attraction isn't too similar to gringotts.It is supposed to be similar to Gringott's...

ThanxForNoticin
07-25-2017, 12:15 PM
We were kinda the opposite. We really enjoyed Gringotts and are much less fond of FJ. It makes us optimistic we'll like the new attraction. I'm not sure, but I think the coasters were more popular before the Harry Potter theme built up around them. Should be interesting to see what they have in store.

buzznwoodysmom
07-25-2017, 02:10 PM
It is supposed to be similar to Gringott's...

Why did I have a feeling that's what was happening here????

DizneyFreak2002
07-25-2017, 02:50 PM
Got some unconfirmed info... will post later...

BrerGnat
07-25-2017, 05:05 PM
Why did I have a feeling that's what was happening here????That's what I have heard/read, although Universal itself is calling it a COASTER...and I'm not sure they call Gringotts a coaster. So I expect more traditional coaster here with probably some screen based stuff added in during slow periods of the ride (inclines or brake sections), similar to how Gringotts uses screens.