PDA

View Full Version : not much of a discount for end of September

Crow
07-14-2017, 01:04 AM
the only thing i see is and enchanted discount for rooms and it doesnt look like much of a discount. can we expect more for the last week of Sept, first of October. i wasnt going to go to WDW until some of the new things happened next yr, but i see 38 special is in concert at Epcot and it is Food & Wine. and Epcots anniversary

VWL Mom
07-14-2017, 07:20 AM
Going by past years the release dates for that time are gone so I wouldn't expect it. Have you looked at the Swan or Dolphin for better rates?

texas211
07-14-2017, 08:39 AM
We were looking at rates, kinda curious. We usually go every Fall, but have decided to take 1 off and see what other vacations are out there. But the rates seemed a lot higher than usual. But rates offsite,, are still great. I'd consider offsite. The savings are too great.

PopPhan
07-14-2017, 09:40 AM
There WAS a 'Free Dining' offer that would have been available, but the window has closed. Other than that, what you see is what is (currently) available. A lot of the rooms have been booked thru the Dining offer, so there is little need to have a big 'Room Only' discount.

Crow
07-14-2017, 12:50 PM
maybe i will skip it then..or stay at universal....never really liked free dining. id rather have a room discount

Lindsey
07-14-2017, 02:35 PM
Discount rates seem to go VERY fast now. My husband and I are taking my sister and nephew to WDW in mid-late October. Just looking at what is currently available at a standard rate made me worried to wait. I went ahead and booked a 2 bedroom villa at AKL, but I am hoping that I can get something else when AP rates are released.

Cinderelley
07-14-2017, 10:37 PM
With the new Avatarland opening, they probably don't need much of a discount to get people in there.

texas211
07-15-2017, 09:25 AM
Another post was discussing this. Numbers aren't showing more people to WDW, but rather people shifting from other WDW parks to AK.

I just don't think a) Avatar is a huge draw compared to Harry Potter or Star Wars, and b) not really associated in the minds of many to Disney.

PopPhan
07-15-2017, 09:44 AM
I went out to check room availability for my trip after Thanksgiving (I already have everything booked, but checked anyway) and the ONLY availability was for 3 or 4 of the DVC resorts. No standard Deluxes, no Mods, no Values available for my dates. That is just madness for the week AFTER a holiday!!!!

texas211
07-15-2017, 09:58 AM
Yeah, I dont know whats going on w/ Disney resorts. I see decent amount offsite, but nothing on. Seems strange. I haven't seen it that disproportionate before.

Crow
07-15-2017, 04:43 PM
im checking at renting some points. its either that, not going, or staying offsite or universal and renting a car. i usually use ME and busses