PDA

View Full Version : Most Romantic Restaurant

Cinderelley
07-13-2017, 04:32 AM
What restaurant do you think is the most romantic around Disney World?

JanetMegan
07-13-2017, 09:15 AM
I'm going to comment not on the most romantic but the most romantic we had (which is going to sound odd.) On DH's first trip, our last night (he was kinda over it, like everything, people, kids etc.) we were staying at WL and had and ADR at Whispering Canyon. I went down there a couple hours ahead and asked about cancelling cause I knew he just wouldn't be into the shennanigans at ALL. They said don't worry, come anyway and we will handle it. When we arrived for our ADR they sat us by ourselves in a kind of middle room in front of a big fireplace-all to ourselves. It was a really special moment.

Cinderelley
07-13-2017, 09:25 AM
That does sound wonderful. Everyone's idea of romance is going to be different. I don't think it is odd.

Pete Olsen
07-13-2017, 10:56 AM
California Grille, especially watching sunset and then the fireworks.

disneycutie165
07-13-2017, 11:56 AM
People might disagree with me (and probably will), but I find Tony's in MK to be romantic. Yeah, the food is not fabulous, but sitting outside with the view of Main Street is just stunning. Tony's is also supposed to have a little bit of a romantic atmosphere as it is, considering the scene in "Lady & the Tramp".

If that's not your speed I would definitely say Artist Point in WL. Beautiful views!

cspenc28
07-13-2017, 12:07 PM
If that's not your speed I would definitely say Artist Point in WL. Beautiful views!

Yes, Artist Point...years ago, pre kiddo, my husband and I went to Disney for my birthday. We had an ADR at AP, and it was fabulous. It was winter, so semi chilly, they asked us if we wanted to sit outside on their porch, that they had heaters. We were up for it, and we were completely by ourselves, looking out over the trees, at sun set. I can't wait to a kid free trip (or evening) so we can recreate that dinner.

Arielfan98
07-13-2017, 01:19 PM
For me, romantic means no kids and more quiet. With that said, the only non-kids place is Victoria and Alberts, but that is very pricey. My family loves Turf Club at Saratoga Springs. It's 1 TS credit and more reasonably priced than California Grill/Narcooses/Artist Point. Yes, there might be kids there, but I've seen kids at California Grill and those other nice places. This place isn't very well known by many so I haven't seen many kids here. It's a boat ride/walk away from DS for after dinner drinks. Tres romantique!

faline
07-13-2017, 02:03 PM
Victoria and Albert's is definitely the most romantic restaurant there. California Grill would be my second choice even though it is often too noisy to be truly romantic.

VWL Mom
07-13-2017, 02:58 PM
If you're not on the meal plan Shula's has become one of our go to places for more intimate dining, I just like the ambiance of the smaller dining room. Artist Point is another favorite for us, we tend to eat later after things have quieted down.

Cinderelley
07-13-2017, 08:23 PM
It seems like Artist Point is the crowd favorite.

texas211
07-13-2017, 09:23 PM
Pecos Bill. My wife usually gets the food while I'm laying on the seat cubes contemplating my own mortality.

Other than that, WDW doesn't hit high on the romance factor to us other than V & A's.

ThanxForNoticin
07-14-2017, 12:20 PM
It seems like Artist Point is the crowd favorite.

I would agree with Artist Point, but would also add Jiko to the list. It's a favorite for my wife and me, when we're dining ourselves.

Hammer
07-14-2017, 02:36 PM
The food at Artist Point was just okay to me. Nothing stood out besides the smoky portabello mushroom soup. Personally, I would recommend Narcoossee's or Citricos. Dine at Citricos and you can start the evening by listening to the orchestra prior to dinner.

VacationDisney
07-14-2017, 02:51 PM
I think Artist Point and Jiko are both pretty romantic!

Cinderelley
07-14-2017, 10:25 PM
Pecos Bill. My wife usually gets the food while I'm laying on the seat cubes contemplating my own mortality.

Other than that, WDW doesn't hit high on the romance factor to us other than V & A's.

Are you contemplating your mortality because you did something to make her angry? ;)

Cinderelley
07-14-2017, 10:31 PM
I think artist point will be the best based on the menus. He likes chicken best.

I may have to try Jiko with my friend who lives in Florida though.

Cinderelley
07-14-2017, 10:32 PM
The food at Artist Point was just okay to me. Nothing stood out besides the smoky portabello mushroom soup. Personally, I would recommend Narcoossee's or Citricos. Dine at Citricos and you can start the evening by listening to the orchestra prior to dinner.

I really enjoy Narcoossee's. I will have to eat there in my relaxation portion of the trip. An orchestra would be nice too. Maybe I'll have to try that one also.

lawgirl
08-11-2017, 08:21 PM
I've always felt that San Angel Inn was so romantic- I love the low lighting and atmosphere. I also have always loved Jiko and Sanaa- then walking around the AKL afterwards- I love the AKL at night when the crowds are gone and you can meander. I think anything with low lighting and good wine gets my vote, haha!

jenperich
08-17-2017, 04:02 PM
We love Narcoossee's! That is definitely our favorite place. Walking around GF at night is just romantic by itself. We have eaten there, Artist Point, California Grill, and Jiko. Jiko is our second favorite. The lighting and the ceiling are so pretty! As someone said above, just having no kids with us is romantic! Have a great time wherever you go.

joonyer
08-17-2017, 04:56 PM
Another vote for Artist Point. Although you can't go wrong with California Grill either.

Fastpasssteve
10-06-2017, 04:17 PM
I believe Jiko is the most romantic, other than Victoria and Albert.