PDA

View Full Version : Your most relaxing day

Cinderelley
07-13-2017, 12:11 AM
If you were going down to Disney World to relax and get away from it all, what would your dream day be? Favorite meal? Spa? Carriage ride? Tour? Romance?

1DisneyNut
07-13-2017, 09:35 AM
That is an interesting question. I thought about it for a bit and the answer I kept coming up with is none of the above. Disney World just is not a relaxing vacation. I guess you could go there and not do the parks and just stroll about but I wouldn't be able to do that.....I would still end up in the parks. For a relaxing vacation, I go to the beach, hang out at a tiki bar or a restaurant with a deck on the beach and have cocktails.

disneycutie165
07-13-2017, 11:59 AM
Would love to just sit on the beaches at the Polynesian and watch the light parade and fireworks with no one around.

bmj721
07-13-2017, 01:38 PM
We rest by a quiet pool, or find an out of the way area at the resort (yes they do exist, but I'm not giving away my spots). Even taking it slow at a park. There are a lot of special hidden areas. The beauty of going to Disney after children are grown is the urgency is no longer there and so a whole day can be relaxing, if one chooses to make it so.

VWL Mom
07-13-2017, 01:59 PM
When we're down for a week and stay at BLT we always take a day to rent a cabana by the quiet pool.
So peaceful and relaxing being out by the water.

faline
07-13-2017, 02:01 PM
I would likely plan a non-park day. Maybe, hang out at the pool, visit Disney Springs, spend some time on the balcony of my resort and have a nice dinner at a favorite restaurant.

Fusillejerry
07-13-2017, 06:53 PM
That is an interesting question. I thought about it for a bit and the answer I kept coming up with is none of the above. Disney World just is not a relaxing vacation. I guess you could go there and not do the parks and just stroll about but I wouldn't be able to do that.....I would still end up in the parks. For a relaxing vacation, I go to the beach, hang out at a tiki bar or a restaurant with a deck on the beach and have cocktails.
This is my life at moment. Disney with kids will always be a fun, but not really "relaxing" vacation. I'll head to the beach or on a cruise if I'm looking for a truly relaxing vacation. Down the road when my wife and I can take solo Disney trips I can see us relaxing by the pool with drinks at the Polynesian during the day, leisurely roaming through the parks in the evening, and having late dinners at quieter restaurants.

texas211
07-13-2017, 09:30 PM
Our favorite, stay at POR, take a boat ride round trip to DS. Then sit out at POR, have a drink and listen to the cicadas and crickets.

#1donaldfan
07-14-2017, 01:32 PM
There can be relaxing at Disney ... not much .... but possible ... for us it is lying by the pool all day, then heading out to a nice dinner somewhere ... away from Disney Springs though. I love it down there, but it's not relaxing at all, too many people and too crowded, especially on a weekend.

Hammer
07-14-2017, 03:12 PM
When we're down for a week and stay at BLT we always take a day to rent a cabana by the quiet pool.
So peaceful and relaxing being out by the water.

This! I haven't rented a cabana at BLT yet (staying there in October) but have rented a cabana both times I have stayed at the Grand Floridian. I absolutely loved it!

VWL Mom
07-14-2017, 04:48 PM
This! I haven't rented a cabana at BLT yet (staying there in October) but have rented a cabana both times I have stayed at the Grand Floridian. I absolutely loved it!
If you do, be sure to tell them you want one of the cabanas at the Bay Lake Pool (quiet pool between BLT and CR) and not the CR pool.

I was hoping they'd add cabanas to the new pool at BRV/CCV but it doesn't look like they did.

Cinderelley
07-14-2017, 10:34 PM
Our favorite, stay at POR, take a boat ride round trip to DS. Then sit out at POR, have a drink and listen to the cicadas and crickets.

I plan on staying French quarter. I love the way the grounds at POR look. I shall have to do this one evening. :)

Cinderelley
07-14-2017, 10:34 PM
There can be relaxing at Disney ... not much .... but possible ... for us it is lying by the pool all day, then heading out to a nice dinner somewhere ... away from Disney Springs though. I love it down there, but it's not relaxing at all, too many people and too crowded, especially on a weekend.

Where is your favorite place to have dinner?

#1donaldfan
07-18-2017, 10:37 AM
Where is your favorite place to have dinner?

On property my most relaxing dinner would be Cape May !! I know it's busy, certainly not what one thinks of relaxing, but I like the atmosphere, along with the good food, then walking the Boardwalk afterwards .... very relaxing ..... off property, head over to Celebration and eat at the Columbia Restaurant .... not much better !!!

snowblack
07-22-2017, 01:36 PM
On our off day, we go to the main pool at POR and eat lunch and just lay out at the pool all day, Go back to the room for a shower and nap then head out to dinner. We need a day to re-group in the middle of or 8 sometimes 9 day trip. ( Yes I go with children).