PDA

View Full Version : To go or not to go...that is the question

JanetMegan
07-11-2017, 09:59 AM
So this is more of a stream of consciousness type thing than an actual post or really even an actual question.

So probably almost a year ago I booked 5 nights at WL Sept. 13th-18th because they are the last days my AP is valid and I got a great deal on a room only bounce back.

Since that last Sept trip I have been down for 3 long weekends using my AP, twice by myself and once with DH-who doesn't have an AP. All the trips were great and so enjoyable! (We are about a 7 hour without stopping drive from WDW.)

Fast forward, I've made ADRs (since I know that is a super busy time with folks using bounce back free dining or regular free dining) and was able to mostly secure our favorites. FP+ window opens on Saturday.

Well I've been up in the air about the trip for a few reasons.

#1. I actually have 3 other trips of some kind between now and October. (Yeah I know, I'm a travel junkie).

#2. Looking at things like hotel availability it looks like it is going to be VERY busy down there.

I know as far as the room goes I can wait and cancel last minute but in order to get our FP on Saturday I have to go ahead and purchase DH a park hopper this week. DH likes WDW (he likes it a little more each time he goes) but isn't crazy like I am.

I just flat out can't decide if we should go or not. It's not a huge money decision, but at the same time it's probably going to be about $2,600 for 4 1/2 days and 5 nights with WL, park hopper, food and booze.

I just can't figure out how to make a good decision about it. (I probably will not be renewing my pass as we have other travel plans for the rest of 2017-2018.)

Advice?

Zippy 1
07-11-2017, 10:38 AM
Since you know that you will not be renewing your AP I would go and have a blast one last time. Especially since you do not know when you will be back. Enjoy Food & Wine and relax

lindique
07-11-2017, 04:48 PM
Have you seen Avatarland or Happily Ever After yet? Those might be reasons to go.

VWL Mom
07-11-2017, 04:53 PM
I say go for it, you never know what tomorrow may bring.

texas211
07-11-2017, 07:01 PM
Food and Wine Festival is our sole motivator to do the Disney gauntlet any more.

Past that, in a couple years Stars will be done.

However, if you are a fan of POTC as is, there are various threads about the changes I won't rehash, might be an opportunity to see it.

faline
07-12-2017, 11:22 AM
I'd also suggest keeping your plans and go

angela2679
07-12-2017, 11:32 AM
I'd definitely keep your plans to go!! :mickey:

JanetMegan
07-13-2017, 09:16 AM
You guys are funny :) I plan on buying the park hopper today so I can go ahead and make our FP. If we don't get to go at least the hopper can be used through all of next year.