PDA

View Full Version : Swan and Dolphin Yea or Nay?

Disneydolls
07-05-2017, 12:39 PM
Thinking of staying at Swan. Will it be similar to Disney resorts? I heard that they don't link to magic band. How does extra magic hours work if they don't link to bands?

1DisneyNut
07-05-2017, 01:43 PM
We just stayed at the Swan for a week. You are correct, they do not link to the magic band as far as being able to pay for items using your magic band. They can give you a confirmation number to link in your my disney experience account for making fastpass reservations 60 days out. For extra magic hours, it will not show your reservation as an onsite guest when they scan it, you have to show them your room key card. It was simple, we walked up and I would show them the room key card from the swan and they would ask how many was in my party and send us on our way into the attraction.

Fangorn
07-05-2017, 02:22 PM
The Swan and Dolphin are not Disney owned or operated resorts, even though they are sited on Disney-owned land. This is a long-standing arrangement, going back to 1990. The arrangement has not been without conflict over the years.

Since they are not Disney owned, the resorts do not participate in all the normal benefits of being on property. The agreement is that guests of the Swolphin can participate in EMH and can make FP+ at 60 days. They are not eligible for Magical Express. They do not receive Magic Bands.

That said, if you have a MB from a previous trip (or purchase one), you can use it for access into the parks and for your FP+, since those are both linked to your MDE account. As stated above, you show your Swolphin room key for EMH access.

Steve

SBETigg
07-05-2017, 05:30 PM
I've stayed at the Dolphin for conferences in the past and going again in a few weeks. I've always had good stays, decent rooms and service. Missing some of the Disney feel, but worth it for the location and good deals if you can get one, as conference attendees usually do. When I'm not attending a conference and vacationing on my own, I prefer Disney resorts and now I'm DVC.

texas211
07-05-2017, 09:12 PM
The room refresh service was horrible on our trip. Rooms not being cleaned until 4-6pm. We did really like the food, as well as the boat service to Epcot. Very nice.

DisneyFan1979
07-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Thinking of staying at Swan. Will it be similar to Disney resorts? I heard that they don't link to magic band. How does extra magic hours work if they don't link to bands?

I just stayed at the Swan for 3 nights in June. It was great; the rooms have been recently renovated--great tv's, tons of plugs and USB ports for charging, good lighting, etc. The Swan is my resort of choice when I'm priced out of Yacht & Beach and Boardwalk or have used all my DVC points.

One thing to remember, if you have a car the Swan and Dolphin do charge for parking so you have to take that it account when pricing it.

texas211
07-12-2017, 04:46 PM
One thing to remember, if you have a car the Swan and Dolphin do charge for parking so you have to take that it account when pricing it.

But they do have valet parking, which is super nice.