PDA

View Full Version : Recent Experiences booking AK Fastpass +?

disneynarula
07-04-2017, 10:07 AM
Has anyone tried to book Fastpass + for late August/Early September? Trying to gauge the difficulty I may have for our late September trip. I want to book FoP and RoL for the second day of our trip. Maybe I should consider moving it late in the week?

VWL Mom
07-04-2017, 01:31 PM
I was able to get FoP for day 6 (Aug 29) in the evening. Unfortunately it mysteriously disappeared, Disney claims I switched it the next day to the N'avi ride (which I didn't) so they couldn't do anything.

disneynarula
07-04-2017, 05:11 PM
I was able to get FoP for day 6 (Aug 29) in the evening. Unfortunately it mysteriously disappeared, Disney claims I switched it the next day to the N'avi ride (which I didn't) so they couldn't do anything.

Yikes!

I guess I should switch Animal Kingdom to the end of our trip?

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-04-2017, 06:16 PM
I got FP+ for the afternoon for day 5 of my trip. I didn't try for earlier in the trip, and there were no morning times left on the day I wanted. I think the later in the trip the better, in general, at least while it is still so new and popular.

Giggy
07-05-2017, 04:11 PM
We are going for late August and early September, but we are off side so limited by the 30 day window. Will we struggle to get worthwhile fastpasses?

AvonleaCF
07-15-2017, 09:02 PM
I booked right at 7am on my 90+ day mark for the 4th day in the trip, and got a late afternoon time for FOP. That was all I was able to get. Snagged a ROL for a morning (like 9:15), so figured we could be at rope drop, ride FOP, then use the FP for ROL (if we can make it out of FOP by 10:15, that is). Going Sep 9-16.

Bethanymouse
07-23-2017, 09:12 PM
I was able to get FOP for our August trip with no problem on our FP day.

TikiLounger
07-24-2017, 09:36 AM

Oh No! I can book our fastpasses in early Sept. for our Nov. trip. I'm already anxious about it! I hope something like this doesn't happen to me. Stress, anyone? FoP will be the first one I try to book.

Speedy1998
07-24-2017, 12:49 PM
We are going for late August and early September, but we are off side so limited by the 30 day window. Will we struggle to get worthwhile fastpasses?

It depends on what you consider worth while. I have only stayed off site since the new FP+ system started, and have been able to get Fastpasses for everything except the new frozen attraction, and the meet and greet with Anna and Elsa. I am assuming the new Pandora attractions will fall into that category as well.

If all you want FP+ for is old favorites like Soarin you should not have a problem.

EeyoresBestFriend
07-25-2017, 09:40 PM
I booked right at 7am on my 90+ day mark for the 4th day in the trip, and got a late afternoon time for FOP. That was all I was able to get. Snagged a ROL for a morning (like 9:15), so figured we could be at rope drop, ride FOP, then use the FP for ROL (if we can make it out of FOP by 10:15, that is). Going Sep 9-16.

90 days?? How are you getting that window? Deluxe or DVC??

DisneyEpcotDad
07-27-2017, 08:35 PM
I tried to get the Avatar fast pass at 8 a.m. this morning. They were all gone for that Tuesday. Very popular attraction. I figure i will do it next year sometime!! That's how I did the mine train in MK. Didn't ride it until a year or so later.

Giggy
07-28-2017, 08:00 PM
It depends on what you consider worth while. I have only stayed off site since the new FP+ system started, and have been able to get Fastpasses for everything except the new frozen attraction, and the meet and greet with Anna and Elsa. I am assuming the new Pandora attractions will fall into that category as well.

If all you want FP+ for is old favorites like Soarin you should not have a problem.

Thanks, we were able to book our first day of FP today for Magic Kingdom. We couldn't get Seven Dwarves Mine Train (not a huge surprise) and Big Thunder Mountain was also gone for today but we did get my other top two choices of Splash Mountain and Space Mountain. Looking through it looks like other than the very very high demand rides we should be able to get most of the ones we want. :mickey: