PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century Rehab and Cribs

Snow's Mom
07-02-2017, 02:56 PM
I have seen pictures online of the newly-remodeled rooms at Pop Century. We are considering staying there in March, because of the new addition of a queen-sized bed. The project is supposedly going to be finished in April or May. I would think that would mean the newer rooms would be available/easier to get. I've heard some guests have received these rooms in the 90's section already.

When I went to the Disney website, a help box popped up and I "chatted" with someone from Disney. He said there were NO queen beds at Pop Century. What???

What I really wanted to know was where a crib would fit, since the layout of the new room looks tight. He wouldn't even guarantee we could get a crib. Said it was based on availability and suggested we rent one. Again, what???

Does anyone know the answer to these questions? Guess I can't ask Disney.

VWL Mom
07-02-2017, 03:51 PM
Until the refurb is completed finished they will probably remain listed as 2 doubles or 1 king. This is normal protocol for them otherwise everyone will be requesting the queen setup and ultimately be disappointed if the request is not filled. Once you book your reservation you can put the request in, since you're traveling close to the completion date you may be okay.

Cribs are on a request basis, first come first served. I think they use pack and plays and travel cribs but not full sized cribs.

brownie
07-02-2017, 05:00 PM
Yep, the pack n plays are a request and not guaranteed. From my understanding, the second queen bed is a murphy style bed that folds down from the wall. I would think you'd still have room for a pack n play in the room even with queen size beds.

Snow's Mom
07-02-2017, 06:33 PM
Thanks. We could always bring our own pack n play. Do we just call before we leave and see if they have one available or not?

I don't want to make too many requests. If we book "preferred", we should be close to the main lobby, right? One less request. Last time we stayed at Pop at the furthest 50's building. Not bad in the morning, but seemed like a long way after a long, hot day.

When do I request the newly-remodeled rooms? Right away after I book? Right before we leave? Will Magical Journeys take care of that for me? I also want connecting rooms, if possible. That's three requests---new room, crib, connecting rooms. Too many???

brownie
07-03-2017, 10:03 PM
If you let Magical Journeys know your requests, they'll have them noted on your reservation. The fewer the requests and the more general they are, the more likely they are to be granted.

The crib request would be unrelated to the room. They probably won't tell you before you head down if you'll have a crib. If you can bring yours, I'd play it safe and bring it.

As for the room, decide what's most important to you and make that the first request.