PDA

View Full Version : Huntington Beach

Cinderelley
07-01-2017, 07:12 PM
What would be some of your must dos if you were staying in Huntington Beach?

BrerGnat
07-01-2017, 08:59 PM
Maybe visit Old World. It's a German restaurant/village. Pretty good German food and a pretty cute German market and bakery.

Go to the actual beach, obviously, although it's not one of the cleaner beaches in Orange County.

There isn't a whole lot else there to be honest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

TheDuckRocks
07-02-2017, 09:17 AM
Huntington Beach is not a bad spot to stay for jaunts to other Orange County locations. Newport Beach/Balboa Island is a short ride south down the coast. Fashion Island is a fun upscale mall. Balboa Pier and Fun Zone can be fun and don't forget to get a hand dipped frozen banana. Restaurants galore. A short ride inland and you're at Knott's Berry Farm or the original Happiest Place on Earth. Enjoy!

Cinderelley
07-02-2017, 06:56 PM
We are visiting disney for a couple of days and blizzcon for a couple of days. Old World and Balboa Pier sound perfect to round the week out. Thank you :)

magicofdisney
07-03-2017, 10:02 AM
If you like donuts, there's a shop called "Oh Those Donuts" in Costa Mesa. I'm IN LOVE with their old fashioned cake donuts, especially the maple glazed! Every time we visit DL, we make a special trip over there at least once. However, like any good Mom & Pop donut shop, you have to get there early for the best selections. :cloud9:

Cinderelley
07-03-2017, 07:19 PM
I am not a big doughnut person, but my siblings are. I could probably arrange to meet them there - enticing them with some tasty food. :)

BrerGnat
07-03-2017, 08:20 PM
There is a FANTASTIC French bakery/epicerie in Newport Beach. It is called Moulin. Super authentic...everyone who works there is a native French speaker and their food/pastries are all made in the French tradition. It reminds me of the bakery at the France pavilion at Epcot, but it is about 10 times better. I highly recommend it. You can look it up online.

Cinderelley
07-04-2017, 06:22 PM
That could be yummy also. Do they have crepes?

BrerGnat
07-06-2017, 10:55 AM
That could be yummy also. Do they have crepes?
They do! You can see the menu at www.moulinbistro.com

They also carry a nice selection of pastries and breads that are not on the menu. Honestly, this place feels like being in France. It's SUPER good!

Cinderelley
07-06-2017, 11:11 AM
They have Quinoa!!! Definitely going there. :)