PDA

View Full Version : Dining recommendations

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
06-29-2017, 08:34 AM
Greetings everyone. It has been ages since I posted on Intercot. Also it has been quite a while since visiting Walt Disney World. I will be staying at the resort for six nights and wanted to know what are your must-do dining experiences?? Any input is appreciated. On my last visit, I really enjoyed Jiko and California Grill. Thank you in advance.

BriarRose0708
06-29-2017, 09:20 AM
Welcome back!!

While I haven't been in a couple years either, I know there are now tons of new places in Disney Springs that get good reviews - Homecoming, Paddlefish, Morimoto, D-Luxe Burger, and Blaze Pizza to name a few. I have also heard the new Brunch offering on weekends at California Grill is a great experience.

In past trips, I've always made it to Kona Cafe for breakfast and that remains a must-do for me!

Fusillejerry
06-29-2017, 09:27 AM
For dinner, we always do Ohana and Boma every trip and have also enjoyed Brown Derby. Kona Cafe is great for both breakfast and dinner and I would recommend Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue if you're looking for a dinner show. Also, while I can't vouch for this because I haven't been there myself, I have heard nothing but positive reviews for Sanaa. I'm hoping to fit in a lunch date with my wife there on our next trip if we can convince the grandparents to spend some quality Disney time with the kids.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Dulcee
06-29-2017, 09:37 AM
We enjoyed both Jiko and California grill just a few weeks ago. If signature dining locations are your thing try out Tiffins in the Animal Kingdom, we really enjoyed it!

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
06-29-2017, 09:58 AM
I'm concerned about Ohana. I have very simple taste when it comes to dining. A) Will I get enough to eat B) Most rave about it, so will give it a chance (probably)

We are staying at the Poly, so I am thinking the dinner show at the resort rather than trying to get to the campgrounds.

Brown Derby is on my list as I have never eaten there, as is Kona Cafe.

Thank you for your responses!

Cinderelley
06-29-2017, 06:47 PM
I think you will enjoy O'hana. I've taken several large groups there, and no one has ever left hungry.

I have been to the luau at the Polynesian several times (taking people who have never been to Disney World before and they wanted to see it), but I don't like the food there. The show is so so.

Sanaa is pretty amazing. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

I am not a seafood fan, but my friends who are enjoy Flying Fish on the Boardwalk.

At Disney Springs, I thoroughly enjoyed Raglan Road, but the atmosphere is very loud.

jonsmom
06-29-2017, 10:22 PM
We are going in November. We havent been for 7 years. Our favorites/must do's

BOMA
'Ohana
Yak & Yeiti

This year we will be trying LaHacienda & Teppan Edo

Favorite counter places

Pecos Bill
Yorkshire Fish Co

Sent from my RCT6603W87M7 using Tapatalk

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
06-30-2017, 08:41 AM
Great feedback everyone. Thank you! Doing a bit more planning this time as the last time I visited they still hadn't opened Primeval Whirl.

Arielfan98
06-30-2017, 09:41 AM
Turf Club and Rose & Crown are must-dos for my family.

VacationDisney
06-30-2017, 02:56 PM
We love Brown Derby, Artist Point, Jiko. Everyone has their likes and dislikes so it's a preference thing for sure.
We always look at the menus and see what we might like. We do look at what other people say about the restaurants on here and go from there.

Have a great vacation!

TheDuckRocks
06-30-2017, 06:19 PM
We love the food at Ragland Road, but hate, hate, hate how loud it is. Solution - we go for lunch.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
06-30-2017, 10:29 PM
Turf Club and Rose & Crown are must-dos for my family.

Do you usually do dinner / Illuminations viewing for Rose & Crown? or other times?

Arielfan98
07-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Do you usually do dinner / Illuminations viewing for Rose & Crown? or other times?

Yes! It is the best deal. We usually reserve a time 1 hour before Illuminations. If they seat you inside, they take you to their personal viewing area. If you're outside, you've got the best seating in the house!

Simba's Mom
07-01-2017, 12:27 PM
We love the food at Ragland Road, but hate, hate, hate how loud it is. Solution - we go for lunch.

We've noticed that lunch at so many restaurants is MUCH quieter than dinner. A few that I love for lunch are the Grand Floridian Cafe, Rose and Crown, Coral Reef, and Liberty Tree Tavern. For dinner, our favorite is Artist Point.

texas211
07-02-2017, 10:14 PM
Brown Derby is the only decent option at DHS to us.

TRex at Disney Springs is loud, food is okay, but really cool. Just nothing like it that we've been to.
EPCOT, Les Cellier is probably new since you've been there. Outstanding.
I haven't been there (I'm from texas and don't find the need to eat mexican while on vacation) but the lake side mexican place over at the Mexico pavilion gets great reviews.

disneynarula
07-05-2017, 04:24 PM
I must be in the minority but I am not a fan of O'Hana. I don't like "entertainment" while I am eating dinner. For the most part we pick places that are quiet and give us a chance to relax and have dinner conversation. Additionaly, I thought the meat was dry. For the most part I am not a fan of "all you can eat" places. I feel like when quanity is a main feature of the meal, quality comes up short. My only exception to this "rule" is Boma, a must for every trip for us. My "must do" list for Disney Dining is...
Boma
Sanaa
Captain's Grille
Grand Floridian Cafe
Akershus (for our little princesess, otherwise I would not bother)

Some other ones I like....
Olivia's Cafe
Marakkesh
Sci Fi
Wolfgang Puck Cafe (I think this is a signature now)

texas211
07-05-2017, 09:22 PM
I must be in the minority but I am not a fan of O'Hana. I don't like "entertainment" while I am eating dinner.

Yeah, too gaijin for me.

But very touristy/vacation. I know several people when they go to certain towns must hit a Benihana's if its by the hotel.

Crow
07-09-2017, 11:52 PM
Jiko was good last trip. Artist Point in wl is good. and I always go to Tokyo Dining in Epcot

madhatterrules
07-10-2017, 12:25 PM
During our trip last July we had many great meals but the best was at the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs. We also enjoy BOMA, Kona Café, The Wave, and Tuttu Italia and Chef des France at Epcot.