PDA

View Full Version : New 5.70 acre Construction Project Planned for Epcot's World Showcase

Figment!
06-23-2017, 09:17 PM
Permit# 48-00714-P has been filed with the South Florida Water Management District for a 5.70 acre near the France Pavilion in World Showcase.

The official title of the project is "Epcot France Back Of House Modifications", but the project is rumoured to be for a new backstage areas and a new attraction.

Project Name: Epcot France Back Of House Modifications

2.0 Project Site Description

The 5.70 acre project in Epcot consists of adding impervious surface. Stormwater from the site discharges through existing conveyance pipe to the RCID Epcot Master Drainage System.

3.0 Proposed Project

This project proposes additional impervious surface. Stormwater treatment will be provided by the construction of two new dry detention ponds that outlet to the RCID EPCOT Master Drainage System.

The new attraction is rumoured to be a much smaller footprint than the full project area as much of the "impervious surface" appears to be undeveloped with structures.

A "Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy "clone from Walt Disney Studios park in Paris is the front runner in the Rumour Race for this new spot.

Crow
06-24-2017, 01:48 AM
saw this a little while ago. sounds interesting.

John
06-24-2017, 01:24 PM
More attractions in world showcase is a good thing... Even if its a clone. Most USA parkgoers will never see the original

lindique
06-24-2017, 03:14 PM
I hope it is Ratatouille. I saw this at DL Paris and it is fantastic. And the best part is that just about anyone can go on this ride. Very little motion problems.

texas211
06-24-2017, 05:35 PM
More attractions in world showcase is a good thing... Even if its a clone. Most USA parkgoers will never see the original

That's a great logic to bring more international attractions domestically. Few people are going to travel to europe, hong kong, the moon, etc.

Just need to widen the rides for Americans (like Tron). We are Harley sized folks, not vespas. :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-24-2017, 10:45 PM
This is good news ... I just hope things are announced for Future World soon too!

Ian
06-26-2017, 01:12 PM
This is good news ... I just hope things are announced for Future World soon too!The Future World plans I've seen leaked out are nothing I'm excited about, I can tell you that. Basically it seems like their intention is to turn Epcot into "Magic Kingdom 2.0" and build rides around all of their newer intellectual properties. What I've seen rumored is below. Keep in mind this is single sourced and obviously just rumors at this point. That said:

New Entrance Plaza - Death comes to the "tombstones" (aka Leave A Legacy) as well as the entire current entrance plaza area. There would be an entirely new entrance experience. Given the rest of the rumors to follow, I would guess it would feel totally different than what we have now to reflect what appears to be a dramatically shifting vision for the park.
Spaceship Earth Update - File this under the more positive updates. Siemens is expected to re-up their sponsorship of this and RoE, which is leading to speculation that they'll refresh the attraction.
Changes To Innoventions Plaza - To possibly include a new table service restaurant, a remodeled Mouse Gear, and the demolition of the existing Inventions East and West buildings. A new plaza behind Spaceship Earth would offer easier access to the rest of Future World. No word on whether the Fountain of Nations will remain.
Universe of Energy - The much-rumored replacement of Ellen's Energy Adventure is apparently coming very soon. Allegedly CM's have been told the attraction will close for good right after Epcot's 35th anniversary, which is October 1st of this year. No word on exactly what "right after" means and no firm word on what will be replacing it. Frontrunners are a GotG ride or Tron lightcycles. Bets seem to be more on Tron going into MK and Epcot getting GoTG but nothing is final yet.
Mission: SPACE Update - The new ride experience/film and a lot of cosmetic upgrades are supposedly coming for Mission:SPACE. We may even get a sneak peak of the first changes when it reopens from its current refurbishment a few weeks from now.
Inside Out Replacing Imagination - Again another one that will likely be in the positive change category (assuming they do it right and don't cheap out). Rumor is that Figment will stay put but share the attraction with the Inside Out characters. Seems like Figment won't be the star of the show, but rather will be some type of bit-player tied in with the Inside Out gang.
The Land - Some type of upgrades/changes to the Land boat ride and possibly a new film to replace the Circle of Life show. No details on either of these that I've been able to locate, but both could stand a refresh so this could be good news assuming they don't totally gut the current experience.
The Seas with Nemo and Friends - This space will allegedly be re-theme to become the Marine Life Institute from Finding Dory. No word on what that would entail as far as attractions just yet. Could just be a thematic overlay to what's already there.
New World Showcase Pavilion(s) - Rumors are possibly Puerto Rico, Brazil, and Spain on the short list. Spain seems the most likely as Disney would like a tie-in to the upcoming animated film Gigantic.
Coco Replacing The Gran Fiesta Tour - The upcoming PIXAR film Coco may inspire some changes at the Gran Fiesta Tour starring the Three Caballeros. Disney wants to invest in this park with more contemporary IPs, and Coco is both contemporary, and a logical fit. My guess is this will depend largely on whether or not Coco is a hit. If it's the next Frozen expect it to happen. If it's the next Good Dinosaur or Cars 2 likely it won't.
Mulan-Related Film for China - Will probably just be an addition of Mushu/Mulan as a narrator for the history of China-based Circlevision 360 film.
Ratatouille in France - Per the original post, this one seems like essentially a done deal. Later phases will possibly see the end of Chefs de France and Monsieur Paul to be replaced by the Bistro Chez Remy restaurant from Disneyland Paris.
Something for the U.K., Germany, and Japan Pavilions - Rumors are possibly something Mary Poppins based for the UK (remember the MP sequel is due soon). And there are existing, unused show building in both Germany and Japan which could be used for something locally relevant; maybe Tangled for Germany and Big Hero 6 for Japan.

IllumiNations Replacment - The show is the oldest continuously-running fireworks show at any Disney Park around the globe. Despite it being a beloved and still-popular nighttime spectacular, it will likely be replaced with something new, and injected with Disney characters and franchises inspired by tales from around the globe.

luvdiznee
06-26-2017, 01:47 PM
...More Countries...?

DizneyFreak2002
06-26-2017, 03:25 PM
I hope it is Ratatouille. I saw this at DL Paris and it is fantastic. And the best part is that just about anyone can go on this ride. Very little motion problems.

It's Ratatouille....