PDA

View Full Version : which boardwalk area hotel for honeymoon?

Cinderelley
06-17-2017, 10:45 PM
Which boardwalk area hotel is the most romantic?

buzznwoodysmom
06-17-2017, 11:13 PM
We like Beach and Yacht a lot more then we did Boardwalk. Of the two we felt Beach Club was more family oriented, while Yacht was quieter. I would probably choose yacht of the three for a honeymoon trip.

Zippy 1
06-18-2017, 12:16 PM
Either the Yatch or Beach Club would be wonderful. Love both of these

Kairi_7378
06-18-2017, 04:24 PM
Yacht Club

lawgirl
06-18-2017, 07:07 PM
Yacht club definitely. We love that area- the Yacht Club was quieter and more romantic than the Beach Club to us.

Cinderelley
06-18-2017, 08:56 PM
Looks like the Yacht Club wins. Thanks everyone.

azcavalier
06-19-2017, 10:24 AM
Well, hold on. Depends on what you're looking for, right? The Boardwalk is a great hotel, and while the Boardwalk itself is clearly accessible from the Beach or Yacht clubs, there's something about staying at the hotel with rooms above the Boardwalk.

The Beach Club is closer to Epcot's International Gateway, maybe not by much, but if you request a room out at that end, it's so convenient. You can just pop over to France for the bakery or the gelato counter. It's amazing. Plus, the Beach Club theme is more fun than the Yacht Club theme. Maybe that appeals!

Just playing devil's advocate. Of the three, the Yacht Club is the one I *haven't* stayed at.

TikiLounger
06-21-2017, 08:26 AM
We love the Beach Club. Haven't stayed at the Yacht Club, but the Boardwalk, although we had a great time staying there, didn't seem as romantic as the Beach Club. Plus, you can't beat the Beach Club's proximity to Epcot.

Tink1
06-21-2017, 08:57 AM
Well, hold on. Depends on what you're looking for, right? The Boardwalk is a great hotel, and while the Boardwalk itself is clearly accessible from the Beach or Yacht clubs, there's something about staying at the hotel with rooms above the Boardwalk.

The Beach Club is closer to Epcot's International Gateway, maybe not by much, but if you request a room out at that end, it's so convenient. You can just pop over to France for the bakery or the gelato counter. It's amazing. Plus, the Beach Club theme is more fun than the Yacht Club theme. Maybe that appeals!

Just playing devil's advocate. Of the three, the Yacht Club is the one I *haven't* stayed at.

My first thought was the Boardwalk as well. I just think it is so pretty at night and love the ambiance.

Beach Club reads family to me
Yacht Club can be romantic or can be masculine, depends on which mindset you are in.
Boardwalk with the clubs and nightlife reads a little more adult oriented. Plus the Bakery

Everyone tends to view resorts differently, quite possibly based on things in their past. So it all depends on how YOU see a resort and what feelings it evokes.

I have stayed at all 3 and like all 3.

Nanc

Mendelson
06-21-2017, 09:29 AM
Beach Club's walls aren't the thickest, from my experience, but this may be true across all of the Boardwalk-area resorts.

May be a consideration. I mean, because it's your honeymoon. And all that.

DisneyFan1979
06-21-2017, 12:04 PM
Which boardwalk area hotel is the most romantic?

I might suggest the Beach Club Villas. You can often get a good cash deal on a studio. They were just renovated and are very quiet.

I also agree with others that the Yacht Club has quiet and more "adult" feel. They are currently renovating all the rooms there. If your honeymoon will be after the renovations are complete that would be a great choice.

Cinderelley
06-21-2017, 05:15 PM
Thanks for playing devil's advocate (and I like the way you think Mendelson). It's actually going to be a surprise for my daughter and her new husband. Maybe I will casually be watching an old planning DVD and see what their opinions are.

Cinderelley
06-23-2017, 09:05 PM
I started "browsing" through the boardwalk area hotels today, and my daughter hopped on the couch beside me. She said "I've never really liked these hotels." I asked which one she liked, and she said "I've always wanted to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge." There's my answer.

Tink1
06-23-2017, 09:46 PM
Love Animal Kingdom!

Nanc