PDA

View Full Version : I would like some opinions

Cinderelley
06-08-2017, 04:15 PM
Planning the big supercalifriendsandfamilybirthdayweddingocious trip. With the changes to the dining plan, we decided on Pop Century to make it easier on everyone's budgets. I absolutely love Pop Century and think it will be great for the little girls' birthday celebrations. On the other hand, I think some of the other resorts would be so much better for my daughter on her wedding trip. She is ok with staying at Pop Century so that her fiance's family can afford to go. I thought about just booking my family's rooms at a different resort, but I don't want his family to feel left out. What do you guys think?

buzznwoodysmom
06-08-2017, 08:07 PM
How about a nicer resort for the newlyweds for their last few nights in Disney? That way the families get to be together, but the newlyweds get a nice treat at the end of the trip!

Kairi_7378
06-08-2017, 09:43 PM
If you are handing reservations for the entire trip, I would put everyone at the same hotel, especially since it sounds like your daughter is okay with Pop Century. I like the idea of offering your daughter a night or two at another resort.

You can always plan for a different resort for an anniversary trip. :-)

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-09-2017, 09:49 AM
It sounds like the focus of this trip is a great big family celebration, with a number of things to celebrate. For that, it is probably better to have everyone at the same resort. Maybe you could book a few special things for them, such a evening out to make the wedding part special?

I worry how her finance's family would feel with people at a "nicer" resort, when they can't afford it?

lawgirl
06-09-2017, 10:27 AM
I agree with the above- I would feel somewhat slighted if another portion of the group was upgrading to a nicer place we couldn't afford, especially if the focus of the trip is family being together. I do like the special 2 nights at a nice resort for your daughter, but I'm thinking the families should probably stay at the same place this time. You can always upgrade next time:)

Cinderelley
06-09-2017, 02:14 PM
You guys are awesome. I was planning on keeping the grandbaby for them to relax on their wedding night. Perhaps I should book a room near the Boardwalk the night before for her and her maid of honor (can't see the groom prior to the ceremony ;)), since they want to have the ceremony and reception in that area. Then they can stay in that room the night of the wedding too. Maybe I can do it as a surprise even. :)

Genie1953
06-10-2017, 12:18 PM
You guys are awesome. I was planning on keeping the grandbaby for them to relax on their wedding night. Perhaps I should book a room near the Boardwalk the night before for her and her maid of honor (can't see the groom prior to the ceremony ;)), since they want to have the ceremony and reception in that area. Then they can stay in that room the night of the wedding too. Maybe I can do it as a surprise even. :)

This sounds like a wonderful idea!!!!