PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break?

Snow's Mom
06-05-2017, 09:38 AM
After several unsuccessful tries at planning a family trip, I think I may have come up with a date that works for all of us, March 3-10. Is this early enough in the month to avoid spring break? My daughter is actually on "winter break" at college that week. Plus, flower and garden festival? It seems too good to be true.

We've gone in the summertime the last several trips, so the cooler weather is a must. I'm thinking that even if the crowds are a bit high, they won't approach summer crowds.
Am I on the right track???

faline
06-05-2017, 10:16 AM
Well, you'll be before the Easter rush so that is good. The whole period from Presidents' Day through Easter is part of the busy spring break season but there are weeks that turn out to be better than others depending on which schools are on break and how many of those folks head to Disney. There is no way, though, to know whether your particular week will be less or more busy. I'd plan on it being busy (as most weeks are in Disney these days regardless of season) and it will be a bonus if it less busy than you expect.

Zippy 1
06-05-2017, 11:06 AM
Early March will be busy but not insanely busy. I know our kiddos here go on Spring break the second week of March. I think you will hit just the beginning of it. With planning you should be just fine

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
06-05-2017, 09:07 PM
Projected crowds right now are no higher than a 6 out of 10. You should be in good shape!

Snow's Mom
06-06-2017, 09:49 AM
Summer crowds when we visited before were never lower than a 7, so that's why I'm thinking it may work. We're used to 8's and heat!