PDA

View Full Version : When do you need magic bands?

Cinderelley
05-22-2017, 08:00 PM
At what age do you need to get your kids a magic band? We will have several small children. Do they really need a magic band? I can't imagine a 2 turning 3 year old keeping it on, and I don't want to have 5 magic bands on my arm as I traipse around the park.

KellyLVLady
05-22-2017, 08:35 PM
I believe 3 and under doesn't need a ticket

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

VWL Mom
05-22-2017, 09:22 PM
Once they turn 3 they will need a ticket/magic band. They can either wear the band or you can carry it. As an alternative you could probably just carry their ticket but you would need to show it for entry and FP.

#1donaldfan
05-23-2017, 02:45 PM
.... plus the new style of magic bands can convert into a necklace thingy ??? Did I read that somewhere or was I dreaming it ????

mom2morgan
05-23-2017, 08:56 PM
Pretty sure I read something like that - not that I would ever put a necklace on a child at a theme park - but maybe pin it to their clothes, or something?

VWL Mom
05-24-2017, 05:53 AM
.... plus the new style of magic bands can convert into a necklace thingy ??? Did I read that somewhere or was I dreaming it ????

The have lanyard clips and carabiner clips to hang on bags, pockets, lanyards, etc.

jenperich
05-24-2017, 09:52 AM
When we took our oldest for the first time, he was 18mo. We put it on his ankle and he was fine with it. They don't need it, but the cast members told me your child's has all of your info linked to it. Just in case they get lost, the CMs can scan your child's band and find you.

Cinderelley
05-25-2017, 03:22 PM
Pretty sure I read something like that - not that I would ever put a necklace on a child at a theme park - but maybe pin it to their clothes, or something?

That might work.

j2k
05-31-2017, 09:52 AM
We just returned. My son is 2 and never wore his MagicBand. I had it in our backpack if we needed it but he never did need it.

Cinderelley
06-05-2017, 02:01 PM
We just returned. My son is 2 and never wore his MagicBand. I had it in our backpack if we needed it but he never did need it.

Thank you j2k. When I go to the park, I only take my cellphone, room key (now magicband) and ID. It didn't dawn on me that I would need something to haul baby items around in until I wondered why you had a backpack. lol