PDA

View Full Version : Disney Mobile Order: Updated 2/1/18 with Inclusion of Disney Dining Plan

Figment!
05-20-2017, 07:39 PM
2-1-2018

The Walt Disney World resort has announced the inclusion of the Disney Dining Plan in their Disney Mobile Order service:

... guests with Disney dining plans can {now} redeem meals and snacks in Mobile Order, providing them with more free time to enjoy all of the attractions and entertainment experiences throughout Walt Disney World Resort.

All three Disney dining plans are available with Mobile Order: the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, the Disney Dining Plan and the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan. To access Mobile Order, tap the “Order Food” button under “My Plans” in the app.

8-20-2017

Additional locations have been announced for Magic Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios and the program has been announced to roll-out to Epcot.

Magic Kingdom

Aloha Isle
Lunching Pad

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Catalina Eddie’s
Fairfax Fare
Rosie’s All-American Cafe

Epcot

Sunshine Seasons

The new locations are expected to be added in "Late 2017".

8-7-2017

With the roll-out to the Magic Kingdom complete, Disney's Hollywood Studios is the next Walt Disney World park to receive the Disney Mobile Order service.

Cast have reported the following roll-out for the park:

Backlot Express--August 8, 2017
ABC Commissary--August 14, 2017
PizzeRizzo--August 15, 2017

6-11-2017

Walt Disney World has announced the next set of restaurants to participate in the Disney Mobile Order program:

Columbia Harbour House
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café
Pinocchio Village Haus
Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant

The five Magic Kingdom locations are set to begin participation "Summer 2017".

5-20-2017

Walt Disney World has announced the first phase of its roll-out of the Mobile Order feature beyond the initial launch:

... Mobile Order will be available at the park’s Satu’li Canteen restaurant on opening day – May 27 – and then expanding to Pizzafari, Flame Tree Barbecue and Restaurantosaurus during the summer. And better yet, more Mobile Order fast casual and quick service locations across Walt Disney World Resort are on the way.

Disney Parks have also announced a tutorial video of how the new service will work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guKp_bsm9gc

Fusillejerry
05-21-2017, 09:52 AM
I'm really hoping this is successful. I think it has great potential to make days at the park run more smoothly.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

magicofdisney
05-21-2017, 04:45 PM
I'm excited to try it!

Genie1953
05-22-2017, 02:41 AM
We love the idea!!

Figment!
06-11-2017, 05:55 PM
**Update**

one2goofy
06-12-2017, 08:01 PM
I used it the other day in Pandora. It was great. I placed my order in the afternoon and when I was ready to eat that evening, I clicked the "I'm here, place my order" button and it was ready in about 10 minutes. I walked right up and grabbed my tray. I would highly recommend it!!

Figment!
08-07-2017, 09:08 PM
**Update**

MNNHFLTX
08-08-2017, 01:19 PM
I love the idea of this as long as it is executed efficiently. I'm just wondering that as the number of people using the service increases that the lines at the pick up window will get just as long as the order lines, especially during peak dining times.

Figment!
08-20-2017, 05:48 PM
**Update**

mgmnut
08-20-2017, 06:07 PM
Aloha Isle was added, you can Pre order a dole whip float, I love it already

texas211
08-20-2017, 06:29 PM
Has anyone noticed this affecting the flow/availability of seats at all?

I wonder as people are waiting in the normal lines, people coming in to pick up their quick orders, grabbing seats up? Or vice versa. Normal wait crowd taking up all the seats, and when you pick up your order, no luck?

mgmnut
08-23-2017, 09:14 AM
Has anyone noticed this affecting the flow/availability of seats at all?

I wonder as people are waiting in the normal lines, people coming in to pick up their quick orders, grabbing seats up? Or vice versa. Normal wait crowd taking up all the seats, and when you pick up your order, no luck?

Good question, I have noticed lots of places now do not allow you to grab a table until you already have your food so I also wonder how this affects the chances of getting a table. For example Peco Bills comes to mind that uses this practice. I would hate to pre-order my food from the other side of the park and find you have no comfortable place to eat when you pickup your order.

BriarRose0708
08-23-2017, 11:13 AM

Huge WIN!

Speedy1998
08-23-2017, 12:38 PM
I am just worried that this will become like fastpass, where the only way you can hope to eat at popular counter service restuarants is if you order online hours in advance.

mgmnut
08-24-2017, 06:55 PM

Huge WIN!

I just hope they add it before our Sept 10 trip, I think I am out of Luck with the "Late 2017" expected roll out, but I'm still hoping, that line can get long.

baldburke
08-28-2017, 12:53 PM
Love this idea!

mgmnut
09-02-2017, 03:41 PM
I hear Lunching pad mobile ordering will be available September 5, Aloha Isle Mobile ordering available September 6

texas211
09-02-2017, 06:48 PM
Good question, I have noticed lots of places now do not allow you to grab a table until you already have your food so I also wonder how this affects the chances of getting a table. For example Peco Bills comes to mind that uses this practice. I would hate to pre-order my food from the other side of the park and find you have no comfortable place to eat when you pickup your order.

Yeah for us, we like to split up. Some sit, some get the food.

I'd hate to pre order, and then get there and it is super packed. Might be seats. But currently, if too busy, we might decide to eat either elsewhere or later or something.

Course, I still am not crazy with this, as I hate using my phone while on vacation. Unless doing fantasy football at my hotel at night.

Figment!
02-01-2018, 12:09 PM
**Update**

Speedy1998
02-02-2018, 12:34 PM
I used mobile order twice during my stay over Thanksgiving. It is not what I feared about having to get a FP for lunch. It is more like ordering takeout on an app, from a restaurant outside of Disney. Having said that part of the reason it was such a time saver for my family is because people on the dining plan could not order through it. It will be interesting to see how adding the dining plan as an option to pay will effect the wait time to pick up your order when you get to the restaurant. Will it be a lot more guest using the service??