PDA

View Full Version : January trip?

jenperich
05-15-2017, 06:47 PM
Hello all!

We are looking to plan our next trip and we're looking to possibly visit in January. We have very active 5 and (then) 3 year old boys, and I am hoping to be pregnant with #3. We've gone in Sept, Oct, Nov/Dec, and May. What is a trip in January like? Pros/cons?

Thank you in advance!

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-15-2017, 08:47 PM
We went the last week of January this year. Crowds were lower than we are used to but not as slow as I expected. Still we had very few long waits. The weather was fantastic, only one rain day and it only lasted a couple of hours. There were very few rides down, the only one I can think of was the MK train, but sometimes they do refurnish rides during the slower months.

jenperich
05-15-2017, 09:37 PM
Thank you very much!

Dulcee
05-16-2017, 08:00 AM
We enjoyed out January trip. Crowd levels weren't bad but temperatures can really fluctuate a lot. With small kids plan on lots of clothing options. We had days that it was 75 and gorgeous and then one night walking around World Showcase that it was 35 :confused:

faline
05-16-2017, 08:54 AM
Yes, weather can be very variable in January. We've had gorgeous swimming weather and downright cold (winter coats and hats) weather at this time of year. Keep in mind that Disney hosts a marathon in January that can drive crowds up for that event.

jenperich
05-16-2017, 09:10 AM
Thank you!

mykidsmom
05-22-2017, 02:28 PM
We went Jan 29-Feb4 2017. 3 adults and a 3 year old! This is my favorite time of year. Weather is changeable but we dont go to swim. Please keep in mind that the Pro Bowl is in Orlando on Jan 28, 2018. It was on Jan 29 this year. All the festivities leading up to the Pro Bowl occur the week prior so crowds may be affected. The week we went was VERY low attendance. Little to no wait times, we got all of our ressies and fast passes without any problem. It was 65-80 degrees that week, so we were able to swim. The hotel rates are some of the best this time also. Enjoy the journey and anticipation. Planning is so much fun.

jenperich
05-24-2017, 09:49 AM
Thank you!