PDA

View Full Version : DDP and Kids

abdcsl
05-15-2017, 09:15 AM
T-minus 15 days and counting til we arrive at POR Riverside! My 9 yr. old son is 5'1" and checks in at a buck twenty. My understanding is he doesn't have to do kids meals at counter service restaurants but what about table service? How strict are they about that?

DisneyVampire
05-15-2017, 09:31 AM
If you're on the DDP and have him at 9... he will no matter where he is have to eat from the child's menu. Reason being is because if you let him eat adult meals, it will ring up as so. Thus taking away from the adult coupons and ending up with a bill.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

abdcsl
05-15-2017, 09:36 AM
I read on a Disney sponsored blog that it didn't matter at Quick service is that not true?

Zippy 1
05-15-2017, 10:53 AM
It is not true that it does not matter at Quick Service. If he is on the youth dining plan he will need to eat off the childs menu. Most places are pretty strict about that

DisneyVampire
05-15-2017, 10:56 AM
What blog? Because they might say they are 'Disney sponsored' but most are not.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

abdcsl
05-15-2017, 11:31 AM
Hi Friends,
Here is the link to the blog I referenced. It appears to be legitimate...
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/quick-service-plan-children-order-off-adult-menu-309074/

Dulcee
05-15-2017, 11:35 AM
Hmm, if they have it posted on the Mom's park panel site its probably accurate information. I would maybe call disney dining to confirm though.

abdcsl
05-15-2017, 01:42 PM
Update: I called and it seems there is confusion all the way around. The original cast member I spoke with stated she believed what the mom blog stated that at counter service it did not matter. She asked her supervisor, who stated that even at counter service kids had to order off the kid's menu. Original cast member went on to say she really didn't think I would have a problem and they would probably work with me at the restaurants. So I guess we will just see when we get there. I am sure DS won't starve:blush:

PopPhan
05-15-2017, 02:17 PM
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/planning-guides/in-depth-advice/disney-dining-plan/

Disney Dining Plan brochure

How to use your dining plan
It’s easy as 1-2-3 to redeem a meal or snack!
1. Present your valid Disney Resort ID (either a MagicBand or
card) to the server or cashier
2. Specify the number of meals or snacks being redeemed
3. That’s it! Enjoy!
When dining with another party that is also using their MagicBand or card
to redeem their meals, please notify the server which meals should be
redeemed on each valid Disney Resort ID. Guests ages 3–9 must order
from a children’s menu, where available.