PDA

View Full Version : Aulani- need info on early checkin/ late checkout

lawgirl
05-11-2017, 12:13 PM
We've stayed at Aulani before, but didn't have this situation come up. We'll be staying for 1 night, and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with early check-in and a late check-out. We are wanting to get there early (probably around 9 am) on the day we check-in, and then try to stay later on the next day we check out (probably until 5-6 pm). Once we check in, even if the rooms not ready, I'm assuming we'll have full access to the pools and amenities. I'm trying to figure out the next day- once we check out (at 11) will we still have access to the pools? I didn't know how their system works. I remember we got wristbands every day at the pool- they checked our room card/IDs to get the bands. So on our check-out day, that morning before we check out we can get our pool id's, play, pack up, then officially check-out. Looks like they have dedicated rooms for guests who have checked out to shower/ store things in lockers while they wait to leave. So we could technically stay all day using the pools, even after check-out? As long as we have that day's wristband, we should be good to go?

baldburke
05-12-2017, 02:04 PM
I can't speak to the early check-in, but I can tell you on your checkout day that you will have all access to Aulani (except your room of course). You'll get your pool band in the morning and that will clear you for usage. Aulani has a fairly has a fairly nice family changing area with showers and lounge. However it is probably very busy throughout the day. Assuming your Aulani stay is part of a larger Hawaiian vacation then you may want to check your main bag at the desk in the morning and just take a smaller bag with a change of clothes and toiletries for the changing room. Good luck!

lawgirl
05-13-2017, 10:01 AM
I can't speak to the early check-in, but I can tell you on your checkout day that you will have all access to Aulani (except your room of course). You'll get your pool band in the morning and that will clear you for usage. Aulani has a fairly has a fairly nice family changing area with showers and lounge. However it is probably very busy throughout the day. Assuming your Aulani stay is part of a larger Hawaiian vacation then you may want to check your main bag at the desk in the morning and just take a smaller bag with a change of clothes and toiletries for the changing room. Good luck!

Thank you so much! I figured that was the case, but we hadn't had that situation before. My sister lives in Honolulu, so we'll be staying with her and treating ourselves to a night at Aulani. We'll be trying to maximize the 2 days we have there. Thanks again!

baldburke
05-20-2017, 09:35 PM
Thank you so much! I figured that was the case, but we hadn't had that situation before. My sister lives in Honolulu, so we'll be staying with her and treating ourselves to a night at Aulani. We'll be trying to maximize the 2 days we have there. Thanks again!

Enjoy! It's wonderful!