PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers or No?

cer
05-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Curious.

With YouTube and the many opportunities to preview new things that come to the parks...I was wondering - what type of person are you?

Do you avoid all sneak peeks and spoilers and preserve the experience of an attraction/land so it is completely fresh through your own eyes?

-or-

Do you like the sneak peeks and previews knowing that you can't get to the park as often as you like and so it's worth it to you to be able to be in the know?

I have noticed that there are more and more preview videos of Pandora hitting the YouTubes right now and for some reason I am a little bit conflicted as to whether I should watch or wait, so I have been avoiding them. And by the way I have no idea when we will be back - right now there is no trip planned. :( By the way, in the past I have not been a purist when it comes to things like this.

What are y'all doing?

There are no wrong answers...

Dulcee
05-09-2017, 05:09 PM
I won't watch videos of new attractions or shows. I want to be surprised the first time!

I have watched the general videos on the Pandora land and I allow myself to watch the queues because I need at least a small peek:)

BrerGnat
05-09-2017, 10:35 PM
I watch them. I like knowing what to expect. And what is worthy of my time.

I can say with certainty that I will be skipping that Pandora boat ride...what a snoozer!

#1donaldfan
05-10-2017, 11:44 AM
I'd rather be surprised once I arrive. Same as Christmas morning ... I don't peek or snoop around ...

Speedy1998
05-10-2017, 12:16 PM
I only watch if I am concerned about a ride giving me motion sickness. Better to have the surprises spoiled, than to ruin my day at the park. In general rides that spin and motion simulators make me sick :ack: .

ransam
05-11-2017, 02:33 PM
Great question. Usually I hate spoilers. I want to be shocked. For some reason though I wanted to see pandora, and Love what i saw.
it's funny i'm that way w/ movies, tv shows, books. My sister is the exact opposite. She will read the last chapter of a book first so she knows what happened.

MrPeetrie
05-12-2017, 09:30 PM
I won't watch them. When Expedition: Everest was in the final phase, I watched everything I could on it. I watched YouTube videos. I watched "The Making Of" videos. I watched POV videos. When I finally got to ride it, I was let down. All the surprises were gone for me. I won't ruin another attraction that way again. I'll read reviews. I may look at pictures. But I won't watch any videos.

IMADisneyFreak
05-13-2017, 11:18 AM
I just can't bring myself to do it. There was an opportunity last night to view the new Happily Ever After fireworks show which was streaming live and (as difficult as it was) I decided not to watch it. We will be heading down to Disney during the week of June 18th and I look forward to watching it for the first time then!

MNNHFLTX
05-13-2017, 02:15 PM
I don't mind spoilers. Sometimes I like to see what a particular attraction is going to be about before going on it.

Giggy
05-17-2017, 02:46 PM
Generally I avoid spoilers for rides I haven't seen, I enjoy the thrill of discovering it for the first time.

I watch some existing rides on YouTube when I need a nostalgia boost but it's fairly arbitrary which ones I will. For example WDWRR, Monorail and TTA I will ride on YouTube regularly. A lot of the indoor rides I very rarely watch when away from the parks as I like the feeling of returning to them when I am there and picking up on all the small things I'd either forgotten or never noticed before. :mickey: