PDA

View Full Version : Must Do - Or Trip Is Just Not Complete

NY GOOFY
05-09-2017, 09:40 AM
What is the one thing you MUST do or your Disney trip is not complete? I'm not talking major headliner attraction. Just something you or your family always make sure you do every trip. Whether it is a particular unpopular attraction, a special snack, character meet, etc. For example, we have a few:
Carousel of Progress - nobody loves it, but it would be weird if we skipped it!
Funnel Cake for breakfast from the little place next to the castle.
Muppet Vision 3D
Soda tasting at Club Cool

Curious to hear what other small thing is a CAN'T MISS for others.

DisneyVampire
05-09-2017, 10:24 AM
Tradition for us is to go on the bouncy bridge in AK on the way out.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Dulcee
05-09-2017, 10:26 AM
The American Adventure is a must do for us. My trip isn't complete until I see it.

#1donaldfan
05-09-2017, 12:39 PM
Boma breakfast and Jungle Cruise at night ....

ANG
05-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Breakfast at Chef Mickeys and Big Thunder Mountain.

luvdiznee
05-09-2017, 01:23 PM
At the end of the trip, spend a relaxing night at Hyatt at MCO...

Isabella
05-09-2017, 03:14 PM
TTA :woohoo:
Carousel of Progress :mickey3:

cer
05-09-2017, 04:22 PM
I think for me...

riding the monorail.
riding any form of water transportation.
riding the train.
riding the people mover.

I may have more to add, when I take some more time to think on this.....

Scallywag
05-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Lunch at Columbia Harbor House.

HM - POTC - Splash Mtn. Missing any of those would ruin us.

DizneyFreak2002
05-09-2017, 06:10 PM
Tonga Toast as Kona... it's a must!!!

joonyer
05-09-2017, 07:46 PM
Magic Kingdom fireworks. It's the essence of Disney magic for me.
Also, we always ride Splash Mountain at least once after dark under the stars.
Sharing sundaes at Ghirardelli's on the last day of our WDW vacation.

Sylvia
05-09-2017, 09:42 PM
MK - Peter Pan's Flight; WED Peoplemover; linger along Main Street USA; walk through the Castle; Carousel of Progress; Tiki Room
EPCOT - Spaceship Earth; Imagination; American Adventure
HS - Great Movie Ride; Muppets 3D; relax on a bench on Sunset Blvd, listening to Big Band Music and hoping to hear "Sing! Sing! Sing!"
AK - Animals!!!! Elephants, Tigers, Gorillas, in particular

GirlintheBullCity
05-11-2017, 02:00 PM
Churros from Mexico
Dole whip
Seafood buffet at Cape May

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ransam
05-11-2017, 02:26 PM
I don't know why or how it started, but the first day we have to walk down mainstreet, through or around the castle and then go see Mickey's 3-d movie.

I also have to have a frozen banana. The reason for this is that the first time my parents took me, I was maybe 10 or so, and he bought me one, and I remember walking down mainstreet and I was holding my dad's hand, and my mom was humming small world, and I thought "well life doesn't get much better than this".

thejens
05-14-2017, 11:16 PM
Wishes

:(

TikiLounger
05-17-2017, 01:30 PM
Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse! (Preferably at night)
We also have to pull the rope at the well dig site next to Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular.

G8RFAN
05-17-2017, 01:52 PM
Dole whips, dinner at Boatwrights, a round of Let's Go Jungle at Quest.

When my son was younger, we had to do the dinosaur dig at AK after riding Primevil Whirl and having chicken and ribs lunch at Flame Tree. It's been a long time since we've been there.

motherhamv
05-17-2017, 08:04 PM
We go to the Wilderness Lodge and sit in front of the fire place, then take the boat to another location.

mom2morgan
05-18-2017, 04:40 PM
Going to the monorail resorts for lunch at their quick service areas :-)

CzepielCrew
05-19-2017, 11:06 AM
Riding the boat from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom at night when it is all lit up.

cer
05-19-2017, 02:23 PM
Riding the boat from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom at night when it is all lit up.

This is something we did for the first time on our last trip. We were just using it for transportation (not as an attraction in itself), but I agree that it is a magical experience. When we were boating over, the fireworks for Wishes were going.

I will add though, I'm a huge fan of all Disney water transportation.

deedee73
05-20-2017, 01:18 PM
No trip is complete for us without a meal at 'Ohana and at least one viewing of the Electrical Water Pageant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Rayadragon
06-06-2017, 12:24 PM
We always have a day of random traveling/sight-seeing using the various in park transport systems. We catch the first bus we see out to one of the parks, then decide there what resort to head to next (through either bus, monorail, or boat). Once at the random resort, we look around for a while, then hop on the next outgoing transport to wherever. This continues until for pretty much the rest of the day, as long as people aren't tired.

LVT
06-07-2017, 07:23 AM
Swiss Family Robinson Tree house
Dole whip:thumbsup:

texas211
06-07-2017, 08:45 PM
A ride on the railroad.. Or I was never there.

Cinderelley
06-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Breakfast at Crystal Palace
Eating schoolbread while waiting for Illuminations
Riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

azcavalier
06-09-2017, 09:54 AM
Rockin' Roller Coaster and the Magic Kingdom Opening Show when it was on the train platform. But now that it's gone, and the castle show is completely underwhelming, we'll have to find something else!

MrPeetrie
06-10-2017, 08:58 PM
First off, I love this thread. I love reading people's "must-dos." This is what makes Disney so special: such a variety of options to appeal to everyone.

For us, each trip must include the Hoop-Dee-Do Review. Also, each trip begins with a shopping spree at the Emporium. Each trip ends with a shopping spree at MouseGear. Must have at least one day of snacking and drinking around the world showcase.

Simba's Mom
06-11-2017, 08:37 PM
Riding KS in Animal Kingdom and the carousel in the MK. For DH, it's having a WDW blueberry muffin for breakfast.

ASweetLov
06-12-2017, 09:58 AM
Riding the monorail at least once during our trip and having churros at Mexico!

bostonchic13
02-03-2018, 01:12 PM
Fun post :)
Character meal
Christmas ornament
Hat or visor

Mk-thunder mt & fudge :p
Ep-soarin & showcase souvenirs
Hs-r n’ r & dining
Ak-Everest & safari

texas211
02-03-2018, 04:38 PM
Fun post :)
Character meal
Christmas ornament
Hat or visor

Mk-thunder mt & fudge :p
Ep-soarin & showcase souvenirs
Hs-r n’ r & dining
Ak-Everest & safari

I wish they made fitted hats.

azcavalier
02-06-2018, 09:02 AM
Oh man...

Our must do's are:

1. Hit every park at opening at least once (although we sorely miss the MK opening show at the Main Street Station).

2. Going to the LEGO store at Disney Springs.

3. Eating a dinner somewhere in the World Showcase and watching Illuminations!

4. Spaceship Earth!

Seriously, we had annual passes that expired in September, and I managed to get to Orlando four or five times in the 12 months prior to them expiring, but now I face a long, uncertain amount of time before we'll be going back. My wife and I will be in Orlando for one day in early May, but without tickets, all we're going to do is hit Disney Springs for dinner. It will be very bittersweet. I wish we could pop over to Epcot and do Soarin' and Spaceship Earth. :( It's going to be like we were never there. And, I guess in many respects, we won't be.

luvdiznee
02-07-2018, 02:14 PM
EPCOT as our First and Last Park...

jennsky
02-07-2018, 04:14 PM
We need to have ice cream Mickey Bars (or the chocolate chip cookie sandwich ones).

I also feel like we must do Haunted Mansion and Pirates...my heart feels empty if I don't get to go on those. :blush:

magicofdisney
02-08-2018, 08:02 AM
A few years ago, when you could simply walk in to Spaceship Earth, we began a tradition of this being our first and last ride at Epcot. Sadly, with the addition of the FP queue, our tradition died because of long lines.

disney1026
02-12-2018, 11:46 AM
Eating at Columbia Harbor House. We even have "our table". It is the one on the 2nd flood that you can see Rapunzel's Tower through the window.

Simba's Mom
02-13-2018, 01:12 PM
Eating at Columbia Harbor House. We even have "our table". It is the one on the 2nd flood that you can see Rapunzel's Tower through the window.

We also have "our table" at a few QS restaurants-tables we always seem to gravitate to. We tend to eat at "off" times, when tables tend not to be full. Glad we're not the only ones!

Giggy
02-16-2018, 09:05 AM
It used to be starting the first day taking the Walt Disney World Railroad to Mickey's Toontown Fair. We then follow on from there to Tomorrowland and have lunch in Cosmic Ray's. Though in 2010 we broke that rule as my Mum wanted to try Splash Mountain - previous visits she had always said no but decided she wanted to try it and that if she went first thing she would feel braver and be more likely to manage.

Now that Toontown has been replaced with Storybook Circus for or most recent trip we continued with starting at Splash Mountain, Mum again went with us! Maybe this is the new tradition? :mickey:

AvonleaCF
02-19-2018, 07:46 PM
Food:
Eat at Biergarten (preferably first night) and, more recently, Raglan Road (preferably last night). Eat at least one Mickey-shaped dessert. Eat upstairs at Columbia Harbour House.

Transportation:
Ride the monorail. Take the boat between Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Rides:
Small World. Spaceship Earth. Pirates. Haunted Mansion.

Shopping:
World of Disney. Mouse Gears. The big store in Japan.

Those are the absolute MUST-DOs for it to REALLY feel like Disney. The trips when any of those rides are down break my heart.

bostonchic13
02-28-2018, 09:49 AM
1)visit Christmas shops:tree:
2)MK-EMH:welcome:
3)pina colada by the pool:papple:
4)Rn’R-HS:coaster:

BAMABOY
03-02-2018, 12:19 PM
Standing on Main Street with my arms around my two sons watching the fireworks, telling them that i love them and hoping they do the same thing wth their children one day.

Isabella
03-03-2018, 04:59 PM
Standing on Main Street with my arms around my two sons watching the fireworks, telling them that i love them and hoping they do the same thing wth their children one day.

Okay, there should be a warning on posts like this! You know like they use in TV V=Violence M=Mature... well this one needs a TR=Tissue Required! You touched every one of my Disney heart strings, family, fireworks, hugs!

AndrewJackson
03-06-2018, 06:33 AM
Having a beer :beer: and rocking on the porch of Crockett’s Tavern at Fort Wilderness.

RavsRuleDisney!
03-08-2018, 09:21 AM
As a family and by park:
MK - BTMRR
AK - Safari
HS - TSM
EP - Soarin'/TT (tie)

Dining:
OHana's

Miscellaeneous:
Speedboat:thumbsup:

debbymc4
03-13-2018, 06:45 AM
Watching Stacy and the Must-dos on the hotel TV!

WEDTOPIA
04-27-2018, 06:51 PM
MK -Peoplemover
Epcot - Mexico
AK - Maharajah Jungle Trek
Mickey bar no matter where we are.

DisneyWorld1971
04-30-2018, 01:42 PM
Our last day we always go to Epcot since the food and wine festival is going on. Before we leave we ride the Gran Fiesta Tour one last time and then end our night at Disney Springs buying those last items and eating at Wolf Gang Puck Express.

Priority Four
04-30-2018, 03:31 PM
We always try to get someone to try "Beverly" at the Cool Club.

Cinderelley
05-01-2018, 01:22 AM
We always try to get someone to try "Beverly" at the Cool Club.

I love doing this. In some weird twist of genetics, I am unable to taste bitter, so the Beverly actually tastes good to me. I can drink it and genuinely say it is good (which is important because I'm a horrible liar). Then I usually offer them a cup and we "toast" while I take a selfie on the phone. I plan to catch some more hilarious face pictures this year with all the newbies we are taking.