PDA

View Full Version : Pizza pizza!!

RavsRuleDisney!
05-07-2017, 04:35 PM
Thinking about trying the in-room pizza delivery service this trip for the 1st time....Soooo, is it worth it? Is it the standard "Disney Pie" sold throughout the parks or something different? Came warm and in a timely manner? I'm a Jersey pizza snob :blush: so my tomato pie standards are high to start with but I know where I am ordering from so just looking for some experiences pro or con.... :thumbsup:

Horizon One
05-07-2017, 08:41 PM
Thinking about trying the in-room pizza delivery service this trip for the 1st time....Soooo, is it worth it? Is it the standard "Disney Pie" sold throughout the parks or something different? Came warm and in a timely manner? I'm a Jersey pizza snob :blush: so my tomato pie standards are high to start with but I know where I am ordering from so just looking for some experiences pro or con.... [emoji106]
I haven't had it delivered but have had it at the All Star resorts and bought the whole pizza. It is pretty good. I would compare it to a typical pizza.
We ate it all so it couldn't be that bad. I find it is better than the one in the parks if you order a whole pizza.

BrerGnat
05-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Eh, it's acceptable. It really tastes a lot like DiGiorno frozen pizza. The crust is thick and bread-y and the cheese is layered on top thick. It's very saucy. It's definitely not NJ pizza. But, if you are tired and starving, it's okay. It is pretty expensive. I might consider calling a local place that does delivery. It's easy to deliver to the value resorts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

missymouseworld
05-08-2017, 06:35 AM
My extended family moved from NJ to FL years ago, and the first thing they said was the pizza and bagels are just not the same.

Pizza at Disney resorts isnt' that good, but have had worse. Just don't try and compare.

Dulcee
05-08-2017, 10:10 AM
My husband and I are from NJ originally. The only place on property we'll do pizza is via napoli. Every where else is, frankly, not pizza.

#1donaldfan
05-08-2017, 12:09 PM
We have done those several times and they're not bad .... the cool thing is we took it to the pool and enjoyed some beer / pizza while playing cards !! Great family time !!

JanetMegan
05-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Uggh don't do it. We did it in March at WL and it was horrible. Way worse than even a frozen pizza from the store. They are frozen btw (CM told me the next day.)

Horizon One
05-08-2017, 09:05 PM
Last time we ordered in Giordano's pizza it took awhile but there is nothing like Chicago deep dish

Arielfan98
05-09-2017, 05:02 PM
NO! Don't do it for the taste. Hi, a New York snob here so we are the same. It is essentially similar to Domino's or frozen pizza heated up. If you want to do it, do it for convenience. If you're looking for good pizza on property, give Via Napoli a try. You can look up pictures of the take-out pizza if you go on Google Images.

eandrsmom
05-10-2017, 06:42 AM
When we are in Orlando, we go to Giordano's for pizza. We've also had it delivered to our villa a Saratoga Springs. It's deep dish, Chicago style and very good. On Fourth of July two years ago, we ordered two whole pizzas at Gasparilla Grill and took them to the marina where my family could watch the fireworks. The pizza was mediocre, but the fireworks and the memories were fantastic!

Scar
05-10-2017, 03:00 PM
Doesn't Pete from NY post here anymore?

I did this once when it was really late, nothing else available, and I was really hungry. Given the same circumstance again, I would not do it.

MNNHFLTX
05-13-2017, 02:28 PM
If you're a pizza snob, I wouldn't bother with the delivery pizza offered by the resort. Some pizza places outside of WDW will deliver to the resorts, but you may have to meet them in the lobby. I've heard people say good things about Giordano's, so that might be one worth looking into.

texas211
05-13-2017, 08:33 PM
We found it acceptable, but nothing special. Reminds me of Dominos.

mydisneygirls
05-17-2017, 12:46 PM
I think the only thing this Italian family won't eat at Disney is the pizza, except at Via Napoli. Just the looks of it turns us off.

PETE FROM NYC
06-07-2017, 12:07 AM
I'm here. Had a stroke and was off for awhile.
I am an Italian NYer. There is no edible pizza in all of Florida, or for that matter outside of NY and NJ.
That's my story, and I am sticking to it.

#1donaldfan
06-07-2017, 12:15 PM
I'm here. Had a stroke and was off for awhile.
I am an Italian NYer. There is no edible pizza in all of Florida, or for that matter outside of NY and NJ.
That's my story, and I am sticking to it.

I know you cannot see the ad next to your reply right now, but it's a Papa Johns ad for their "new" bacon cheddarburger !! I am certain you're not endorsing them !! hahah!!! Sorry to hear about the health issues ... I hope all is well ....

disneynarula
06-13-2017, 04:56 AM
I don't think it is worth it. Wolfgang Puck Express has really good pizza.

BriarRose0708
06-13-2017, 08:24 AM
Our kids are really picky about pizza and they were not impressed with Disney pizzas - with the exception of flat breads at Pinocchio Village Haus since they were more similar to the kind of pizza we have in the Northeast. One night we were just hanging out in the hotel at dinner time (Caribbean Beach) and ordered in Papa John's. They were thrilled, lol!