PDA

View Full Version : Nov. 30 @ MK -- 4:30pm Closing?

PopPhan
05-03-2017, 01:40 PM
Just took a quick glance at the park hours schedule for November and saw that MK is closing on Nov. 30 at 4:30pm...It is not a scheduled MVMCP day...

Does anyone know what that is all about? There doesn't seem to be any Evening EMH for any of the parks scheduled that day, so they are not planning on handling the early exit from MK...

Granted, this is a long way off and park hours can change (almost daily) but I am starting to check hours to plan my days for my Nov. 29 - Dec. 6 trip....

buzznwoodysmom
05-03-2017, 03:23 PM
Maybe a private event? Just a guess

VWL Mom
05-03-2017, 05:41 PM
They usually hold their event honoring cast members with long time service sometime in November, maybe that's it?

brad192
05-04-2017, 08:03 AM
Since it's the last day before December, it makes me think that maybe they need the extra time to go bananas with the balance of the Christmas decorations etc. that they haven't displayed yet, to have them ready for December 1 opening. :mickey:

Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about... :blush:

buzznwoodysmom
05-04-2017, 08:35 AM
I am pretty sure that all Christmas décor will be up before the first Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party that begins in November. I have never heard of Disney closing a park early for any kind of decorating. It happens magically after normal operating hours!:pixie::tree:

joanna71985
05-04-2017, 09:16 PM
With that kind of early close, it's either a private event or the CM service celebration

Genie1953
05-06-2017, 07:19 PM
They did the same when we were there in November. We found out it was a closed for a cast member party.

pixiesmimi
05-11-2017, 05:18 PM
I wondered about that too and figured it was a closed event for something. They did that to us last year on our Hollywood Studios day. They cancelled our ADR and offered to make one for another day. Since we were there only 4 days, we just told them no thank you and just didn't go to HS that trip. No loss with all the construction going on anyway. I thought that was strange that they would inconvenience so many people paying to go there for a few from a company or someone wanting to rent it out for the night. DH said they were probably making more money from the company than from the others planning to go that day or they wouldn't be doing it.

VWL Mom
05-11-2017, 06:16 PM
I wondered about that too and figured it was a closed event for something. They did that to us last year on our Hollywood Studios day. They cancelled our ADR and offered to make one for another day. Since we were there only 4 days, we just told them no thank you and just didn't go to HS that trip. No loss with all the construction going on anyway. I thought that was strange that they would inconvenience so many people paying to go there for a few from a company or someone wanting to rent it out for the night. DH said they were probably making more money from the company than from the others planning to go that day or they wouldn't be doing it.

Last year's party was held at DHS. They aren't making any money since it is for their employees. They acknowledge all employees with 15, 20, 25,30 etc years of service.

PopPhan
05-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Just a silly thought....When are they filming the evening concert shots for the Christmas Special? I haven't heard anything about that yet....

pixiesmimi
05-12-2017, 08:45 AM
Last year's party was held at DHS. They aren't making any money since it is for their employees. They acknowledge all employees with 15, 20, 25,30 etc years of service.

Oh I understand that. I was just making the statement about if it was closed for a company renting it out. I know they did that one year when my daughter went to a convention down there. They rented out HS for the night for them. I was just surprised that they waited until close to our trip time to call us about cancelling our reservations for the night. If it had been another park like MK maybe, I would have been highly upset but since there wasn't a lot to do at HS at that particular time with construction going on, I was ok with just not going at all that day and went to another park.

ThanxForNoticin
05-12-2017, 12:23 PM
That seems to be a doubly poor time of the year to close MK for a private event (if that's what it is), considering the MK is already closing early to guests 3-4 nights each week for MVMCP. People spend a lot of money for their multi-day park passes and park hoppers, and it's tough when they eliminate so many evenings to enjoy MK.

joanna71985
05-12-2017, 02:16 PM

The 2016 cast event was held at MK (I had a friend who was there)

Just a silly thought....When are they filming the evening concert shots for the Christmas Special? I haven't heard anything about that yet....

Nothing has been announced yet. My guess is early Dec

VWL Mom
05-12-2017, 05:05 PM
The 2016 cast event was held at MK (I had a friend who was there)

You're right, my friend's husband got his pin in 2016. Maybe I'm thinking of 2015 that was at DHS?

joanna71985
05-15-2017, 08:53 PM
You're right, my friend's husband got his pin in 2016. Maybe I'm thinking of 2015 that was at DHS?

Yes, DHS was in 2015 (the parks rotate every 5 years)

Genie1953
05-16-2017, 07:13 AM

I wonder why they did two of those special event parties. They also did one just this past November at Magic Kingdom while we were there. We heard this from a cast member when we questioned why they were closing at 4:30 pm that day.

Genie1953
05-16-2017, 07:22 AM

This past November they filmed the second week of November. We hated it. Having all the lighting and sound equipment set up in front of the castle took away from our disney experience at Magic Kingdom. It just wasn't the same.

joanna71985
05-16-2017, 08:29 PM
I wonder why they did two of those special event parties. They also did one just this past November at Magic Kingdom while we were there. We heard this from a cast member when we questioned why they were closing at 4:30 pm that day.

They didn't. There's only 1 cast celebration a year