PDA

View Full Version : Epcot DVC Member Lounge

Mackflava99
04-28-2017, 01:43 PM
Does anyone know how to get access to the member lounge?

I know we need to being our membership card.

Can we just walk up or do we need to make reservations ahead of time?

Thanks for any guidance !!

faline
04-28-2017, 03:03 PM
Just walk up. As you exit the ride and walk into the store, the staircase will be on your left and someone will be there to check you ID. Once checked, you can walk up the stairs to the second floor. I'm sure there must also be an elevator, if needed, but I'm not sure where that is located.

Mackflava99
04-28-2017, 04:10 PM
Is it nice? I have not talked to anyone who actually went inside

Maleficent's Dad
04-28-2017, 06:03 PM
It's nice - but don't expect too much. It's a nice size - under the pyramid windows of the Imagination Pavilion. They have computers for your use, some iPads as well. There's a Keurig machine, along with those odd Coke machines that dispense all kinds of flavor profiles. Seating is fine, but we've always been there earlier, usually around the lunch time hour. The occasionally bring around snacks as well (some chips or cookies, that type of thing). Staff is friendly, and they have two people who act like a Concierge at the top of the stairs who will help you out with any needs. I can't imagine most DVC'ers using them often, however. It's a lovely perk in particularly cold or warm weather. A nice respite from the crowds and temps. But it's far from crazy-nice!

faline
04-28-2017, 09:09 PM
I agree. It's a nice spot to rest and recharge but nothing spectacular. It is a nice spot to be able to take pictures over Epcot with views one does not normally see these days so it is certainly worthwhile from that perspective.

dlpmikki
04-29-2017, 06:31 AM
There is an elevator - if you need it on check in they tell you where it is and call it down for you.

WiltonJohn
04-29-2017, 10:22 AM
We stopped in there on our last trip. Just showed up and walked up after a cast member checked IDs.

Nice little "breather" away from crowds, as has been said. Was not crowded. Had some free coffee and a soda. Didn't want a snack... but it was offered. We stopped in on a hot day... and it was a nice cool space. Being inside the pyramid is interesting architecturally.

If you needed the "concierge" services of a cast member without waiting in a more "open to the public" setting...... that would be a really useful aspect.

Minor "perk".

best,

.................john

Mackflava99
05-03-2017, 10:08 AM
Thank you all for the insights, I am looking forward to visiting it.
We are staying at BC so we may be at Epcot a few times on our trip

dmallan
06-17-2017, 01:24 PM
We enjoyed the AC and the cold drinks in the heat of September. We didn't see them bring around a snack cart when we were there, but in all fairness, we weren't there very long. Several of us needed a restroom, and unfortunately, there are no restrooms in the DVC lounge.