PDA

View Full Version : Restore Journey Into Imaginaton

elliott
04-21-2017, 10:39 PM
I hear they're restoring Space Mountain to its original spendor. I'd love to see Journey into Imagination restored to its original spendor. It used to be the first and last ride my family rode each time we visited WDW. It was our favorite ride. (Yes, I know some found it less interesting -- but my family of nerds loved it.) I know it will never be done, but one can hope.

Fortunately, we have the original version recorded ... and we revisit it from time to time.

:mickey:
Elliott

John
04-22-2017, 10:14 AM
I join you in wishing it could come back - reality is when they changed the ride with the new versions, they destroyed (apparently) the signature part of the ride, which was the turntables which introduced you to dreamfinder.

Since we aren't going back, I would love to see them put the full force of creativity behind an entirely new ride and pavilion - and gut everything in there. Make it a signature of imagineering - something that stands the test of time like the haunted mansion, pirates, splash, etc.

LVT
04-22-2017, 12:51 PM
My family also enjoyed the ride and the interactive displays.

texas211
04-23-2017, 08:43 AM
I too mist JITI, but, rather than refurb I see them remaking it into a Marvel attraction of some sort. Journey through Tony's lab. Course, if they have Paltrow, I'll be a happy camper.

PopPhan
04-23-2017, 05:29 PM
I too mist JITI, but, rather than refurb I see them remaking it into a Marvel attraction of some sort. Journey through Tony's lab. Course, if they have Paltrow, I'll be a happy camper.

Still can't do that. Universal still holds the contract on major Marvel characters, in parks, east of the Mississippi.

Lindsey
04-25-2017, 02:40 AM
I LOVED the original attraction, it was my favorite as a child. When I was 19 I took my boyfriend, (now husband of 16 years), excitedly to the ride......only to find out it was changed. I walked off saying "That is NOT Journey into Imagination! Where the heck was Figment?!". My boyfriend/husband didn't know what I was talking about, he didn't know why I was mad. By our next trip Figment had been added to the attraction, but I told my husband that the ride still blew compared to the original.
At this point I don't think Disney could bring back what was so great about the original ride. It would be cool if they could create something new and incorporate Figment in it, (I'd even be happy if Figment "lived somewhere else" in Epcot though.) :)

drosenbe
04-26-2017, 01:04 PM
There is some talk of the attractions being redone based on the InsideOut characters, which would be good for the attraction and for Disney's bottom line.

Horizon One
04-26-2017, 06:15 PM
I used to like the original too. I still go on the newer version but it isn't the same. I have a feeling they will change it altogether if they decide to change it. I could see them changing it to the Inside Out theme that someone mentioned

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

texas211
05-06-2017, 06:36 PM
Still can't do that. Universal still holds the contract on major Marvel characters, in parks, east of the Mississippi.

But that isn't a permanent deal, and not like Disney necessarily moves quickly. Hey, Avatar came out like 8 years ago..Next movie is coming out something later this century.. :)

I like the inside out concept. Reminds of the cranium command concept'ish.

WDWPrincess
05-08-2017, 05:11 PM
I have been expecting them to remake the ride with Muppets - possibly turning it into a trip through Muppet Labs - including Dr. Honeydew and Beaker - with a finale featuring the most popular Muppet characters.

And they could also make the 3D movie go along with the ride (and put Captain EO out of its misery.)

EPCOT has always had the problem of "not enough for kids" - and since they can't build a Marvel ride, Muppets would make sense.

(But with failure of the most recent Muppets prime-time show, I wonder if they are deciding if a new franchise, like Inside Out, is a better choice)

Isabella
05-08-2017, 05:54 PM
....Since we aren't going back, I would love to see them put the full force of creativity behind an entirely new ride and pavilion - and gut everything in there. Make it a signature of imagineering - something that stands the test of time like the haunted mansion, pirates, splash, etc.

That would be such a cool idea! A reason to go over there! Don't get me wrong, we still ride Imagination and dream of the past glory, but how awesome to have an imagineer centered pavilion!!!