PDA

View Full Version : Tron Coaster Coming to Tomorrowland in Magic Kingdom?

dntccc
04-17-2017, 03:29 PM
I saw an article titled "Could Tron coaster replace Tomorrowland Speedway at Walt Disney World?" It mentioned a rumor that Disney would be closing the Tomorrowland Speedway and the possibility that the Tron coaster (currently at Shanghai Disneyland) could take its place. I then searched and found other sites that mentioned this. Does anyone know the likelihood that this rumor could become a reality?

Zippy 1
04-17-2017, 05:32 PM
So far it is still a rumor

DizneyFreak2002
04-17-2017, 06:04 PM
A proposal, yes.... coming? Not decided.... Call it a rumor and only a rumor...

Though a Tron something could be coming, just may not be the coaster...

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
04-18-2017, 08:28 AM
It is coming for the 50th anniversary of WDW. Mark it down!

GeorgeOfTheJungle
04-18-2017, 08:42 AM
I sincerely hope so.

PopPhan
04-18-2017, 08:58 AM
It is coming for the 50th anniversary of WDW. Mark it down!

As slow as things progress around there, they would have had to have started clearing the space for it by now to be ready for WDW 50th in 2021.

joonyer
04-18-2017, 10:52 AM
I have no problem with this replacing the speedway attraction. I realize the speedway is still a popular ride, especially for the little ones. My main complaint about the speedway is that it is no different than any run-of-the-mill amusement park car attraction. There's no theming linking it to Disney, and it's just not special or magical like most other Disney attractions. I guess you could make the same argument about the carousel, though. I just think it's time for a change there. I always thought they could keep the speedway, and just overlay a "Cars" theme on it, with maybe in indoor section to replicate Radiator Springs at night. But I guess the powers that be didn't think that had enough of a "Tomorrowland" connection. Not that the speedway does either.

BrowncatP
04-18-2017, 05:29 PM
A CARS theme to the speedway! Wow, a great idea, and just think Disney pays people to think about ride- movie tie ins. I am not being "smart", but I never thought of that. It would make the speedway much more interesting.