PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Dining Plan?

VacationDisney
04-11-2017, 11:57 AM
What is the cost of the dining plan for adults? I can't seem to find it on the Disney website.

Thanks!

PopPhan
04-11-2017, 12:40 PM
For adults, and children for that matter, you can 'fake book' a package stay and figure out the pricing...

I just went to the site and 'fake booked' a 7 night/8 day package after Thanksgiving and the standard dining plan came out to $69.37 per day, tax, title and tags included. (Quick service came out to $48.20.)

Hope this helps.

VWL Mom
04-11-2017, 01:22 PM
Current 2017 pricing:

Quick Service Disney Dining Plan
Adult – $48.19
Child – $20.88

Regular Disney Dining Plan
Adult – $69.35
Child – $24.95

Deluxe Disney Dining Plan
Adult – $106.68
Child – $38.75

baldburke
04-11-2017, 01:41 PM
Unless you all plan to eat the most expensive items on the menu every time then you are probably better off paying direct.

VacationDisney
04-11-2017, 03:45 PM
Thanks everyone!

Fastpasssteve
04-11-2017, 08:19 PM
Depending on which group I travel with, it's a good deal. One group likes the pre-paid planning aspect of the DDP. The other group likes to hang loose.

Fusillejerry
04-13-2017, 10:30 AM
Our family has always done the "free" DP offers and we enjoy it for the convenience. Since our last trip, however, I've done some research and have listened to the more experienced Disney experts on the podcast. We are going to forgo the DP on our next visit and do the cost comparison for pay as you go. I'll be interested to see the results of our experiment.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

williamabutler
04-13-2017, 11:25 AM
We have always saved money not doing the DP. Also the room discount is usually much better than the "free" DP for two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hitchhiking Ghost
04-18-2017, 01:51 PM
Since our last visit in early 2015, our kids are now all "adults" per Disney dining guidelines, despite just being 10-11-14. So we'd be looking at about $350 per day if we paid OOP for the plan, which I'd never do. The only reason I'd ever consider paying OOP is to placate the DW who knows that I'll be a pain every time we go to order something. She much prefers the "prepaid" aspect of it instead of finding ways to save money.

We've done free dining twice and that has been a huge savings, but with Disney limiting the resorts and basically removing those moderates that accommodate 5, free dining looks to be a thing of the past for us.

I'm sure I can feed my family of 5 for cheaper than $350 per day.

#1donaldfan
04-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Our family has always done the "free" DP offers and we enjoy it for the convenience. Since our last trip, however, I've done some research and have listened to the more experienced Disney experts on the podcast. We are going to forgo the DP on our next visit and do the cost comparison for pay as you go. I'll be interested to see the results of our experiment.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I did this a few trips ago and to pay out of pocket saved me some. Not TONS of money but certainly lower .... and we did NOT go cheaply, we ordered what we wanted. .... I even factored in candy, popcorn, drinks ...