PDA

View Full Version : Horses

Tiggerlovr9000
04-10-2017, 11:45 AM
Are horses real close to Pioneer Hall? I am allergic to horses.:ill:

ThanxForNoticin
04-10-2017, 12:43 PM
I believe the horse stables and Pioneer Hall are about as far away from each other as you can get at FW. The stables are near the entrance while PH is in the back of the campground near the lake.

kathkwilts
04-10-2017, 01:11 PM
Are horses real close to Pioneer Hall? I am allergic to horses.:ill:

The horses are located at the other end of the resort from Pioneer Hall.

cer
04-10-2017, 01:24 PM
I believe there are also stables near Pioneer Hall. If you are facing the Hall, they are behind and to the left. They are visible, but probably a football field away. The first time we went to Hoop De Doo, we arrived via boat and went right to the hall...we did not even know they were there. It is where they keep the fancy horses, not the ones for guests to ride.

JanetMegan
04-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Well sometimes the horse and carriage rides come back in that area or they have horses back there to pet. Just a warning.

faline
04-10-2017, 03:33 PM
The carriage rides pull up in front of Pioneer Hall to pick up passengers who have booked rides. Other than that, the horses are in the stable which is a short walk away from Pioneer Hall. If you bus into the Pioneer Hall area, you will disembark from the bus fairly close to the stables. I'm not sure how far away you need to stay in order to avoid the allergic effects of their presence.

Tiggerlovr9000
04-10-2017, 05:27 PM
Thank you to everyone for your replies.

mydisneygirls
04-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Yes they are close enough (the coral with the ponies next to Pioneer Hall) so that if you're allergic you might be able to smell their scent. If you are planning on going to the Hoop Dee Doo, I'd talk with Guest Services at your hotel (they can print your ticket in advance) and see if they can make accommodations for you - maybe wait inside Trail's End or someone close and have you enter before everyone else. I'm sure they'll be able to do something. Also, take the boat from MK, Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge and you won't have to walk by the stables/corals.

ThanxForNoticin
04-11-2017, 01:02 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize there were stables near Pioneer Hall. I was picturing the horse-riding area near the entrance. I also forgot about the carriage rides!