PDA

View Full Version : How much time?

Tiggerlovr9000
04-08-2017, 11:12 AM
We have a reservations for hoop dee do at 6:15. They said to be there 45 minutes early. Do you think we really need to be there that early? We are staying at all-star movies. How long does it take to get to fort wilderness from there? We are planning on taking the boat over because it seems closer than being dropped off by the bus. is that the case? Thanks for any help?

Fusillejerry
04-08-2017, 12:43 PM
I remember standing outside in line for a bit, so you probably don't quite need to be there 45 minutes early. I personally hate to cut things close though so I would leave plenty of time to get there, especially when dealing with the bus to get to MK.

The boat is the way to go from MK. The dock is just a short walk from Pioneer Hall and you won't have to deal with the internal bus system at Ft. Wilderness. It's a fun dinner experience and I hope you enjoy it!

Basket Mommy
04-08-2017, 01:35 PM
We arrived right as the last people were being seated. We were the last people to sit down, and our food was rushed out. It still turned out okay. I don't think 45 minutes is necessary. I'd leave NO LATER than 1 hour before your showtime, though. I might even say 1.5 hours. A bus from your resort to MK, then the boat from MK to Ft. Wilderness will get you there, and yes, the boat dock is much closer (and less confusing) than taking the bus.

PopPhan
04-08-2017, 10:57 PM
This may have changed since I have only done Hoop-Dee-Doo one time and that was 12 years ago, but one of the main reasons for arriving so early was for the group/family picture. They take groups/families for photos prior to opening the dining hall and, I believe, in seating order.

If you do not want a family photo, you could arrive shortly before your dining time and be OK.

Fusillejerry
04-09-2017, 08:30 AM
This may have changed since I have only done Hoop-Dee-Doo one time and that was 12 years ago, but one of the main reasons for arriving so early was for the group/family picture. They take groups/families for photos prior to opening the dining hall and, I believe, in seating order.

If you do not want a family photo, you could arrive shortly before your dining time and be OK.
We last went in 2013 and I don't remember there being any pictures. I'm not sure if they got rid of it or if it was just an option that we didn't choose.

Basket Mommy
04-09-2017, 11:33 AM

We went in November 2015 and there was no picture.

FLKatie912
04-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Fort Wilderness is tricky because depending on how you arrive to Fort Wilderness will depend on how much time you need.

Since their is no direct transportation from All Star to Fort Wilderness, you will have to bus to MK and take the boat across OR Uber to the resort. I prefer Uber as the MK bus from All Star tends to be crowded.

If you Uber, it will drop you off near the Lobby or Horse Riding Stables from there, you just head to the bus stop. At this bus stop, you will see busses for the parks and also the internal shuttles. To get to the Settlement, you will take any internal shuttle (Purple, Yellow, or Orange), when you get on the bus just let them know you are going to Hoop De Doo, though chances are you won't be the only one. ;)

That's part of the reason for the early arrival, but also some people don't get their tickets prints ahead of time, so they have to go to Concierge to get them printed before they can check. Checking in can be quite the wait as well. And of course, the picture. They've done pictures every time I've gone (I've gone well over 20 times over the past 5 years), I think some of the previous posters have missed it because you don't get your picture taken once you are inside, it's a picture on the outside of the building. It's a cute backdrop and of course, weather pending.

My personal opinion is to arrive early because I just LOVE spending time at Fort Wilderness. They have a gift shop and a gift stand, as well as the horse barn and the horses that may be out. There's also a playground if you have little ones, and a bar if you want a pre-dinner drink, and rocking chairs on a porch if you just choose to relax. :)

Hope this helps and HAVE FUN!

We have a reservations for hoop dee do at 6:15. They said to be there 45 minutes early. Do you think we really need to be there that early? We are staying at all-star movies. How long does it take to get to fort wilderness from there? We are planning on taking the boat over because it seems closer than being dropped off by the bus. is that the case? Thanks for any help?

Ed
04-09-2017, 05:58 PM

We last went in 2013 and I don't remember there being any pictures. I'm not sure if they got rid of it or if it was just an option that we didn't choose.

We were there in February 2017 and there were photographers outside, but it was totally optional. In past years we had to give the photographer our table number, and they brought prints to our table during the show. Now the photos apparently go into the file with all your other photos from the parks, etc.

Tiggerlovr9000
04-09-2017, 09:28 PM
Fort Wilderness is tricky because depending on how you arrive to Fort Wilderness will depend on how much time you need.

Since their is no direct transportation from All Star to Fort Wilderness, you will have to bus to MK and take the boat across OR Uber to the resort. I prefer Uber as the MK bus from All Star tends to be crowded.

If you Uber, it will drop you off near the Lobby or Horse Riding Stables from there, you just head to the bus stop. At this bus stop, you will see busses for the parks and also the internal shuttles. To get to the Settlement, you will take any internal shuttle (Purple, Yellow, or Orange), when you get on the bus just let them know you are going to Hoop De Doo, though chances are you won't be the only one. ;)

That's part of the reason for the early arrival, but also some people don't get their tickets prints ahead of time, so they have to go to Concierge to get them printed before they can check. Checking in can be quite the wait as well. And of course, the picture. They've done pictures every time I've gone (I've gone well over 20 times over the past 5 years), I think some of the previous posters have missed it because you don't get your picture taken once you are inside, it's a picture on the outside of the building. It's a cute backdrop and of course, weather pending.

My personal opinion is to arrive early because I just LOVE spending time at Fort Wilderness. They have a gift shop and a gift stand, as well as the horse barn and the horses that may be out. There's also a playground if you have little ones, and a bar if you want a pre-dinner drink, and rocking chairs on a porch if you just choose to relax. :)

Hope this helps and HAVE FUN!

Where do you go to print out tickets? Can we get it when we check in our motel? Thank you everyone for your help.

Ed
04-09-2017, 10:45 PM
Where do you go to print out tickets? Can we get it when we check in our motel? Thank you everyone for your help.

The front desk at your resort can print them out, or you can get them at the ticket window at Pioneer Hall, at the far left of the building near the restrooms.

cer
04-10-2017, 10:12 AM
You may need to allow some time for going through security. If you bus to the MK, with the new security locations, you will likely have to go through security near the bus drop area first before you are able to proceed to the boat launch.

It should not take long, but I would budget 5-10 minutes for it.

Fastpasssteve
04-11-2017, 08:25 PM
You could let the kids go to the gift shop while you wait to check in. You could tell them to meet you back at a certain time OOOOOR wait until you text them.