PDA

View Full Version : Rivers of Light Dining Package

disneynarula
03-30-2017, 12:27 PM
Does anyone know how far out you can book this? It's not available for September yet. Do I need to check back everyday or is there a certain "window" that these become available? It is causing me to have to create all sorts of "plan a" and "plan b" scenarios for our ADRs

Zippy 1
03-30-2017, 12:57 PM
I believe it is 60 days out when you can book it.

ThanxForNoticin
03-30-2017, 02:03 PM
I haven't looked in great detail, but the ROL show only appears to be scheduled through the end of June right now, so I think you can book ROL packages through June. We just made a package reservation for an evening in early June, so it's definitely more than 60 days out. Eventually, I believe it's supposed to be 180-days out like other dining, but I don't know if/when they'll get there. Unfortunately, for this particular package, you have to keep checking back frequently.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-01-2017, 08:10 AM
I'm in the same boat for late August. I'm checking back every few days ... and waiting. :)

DisneyVampire
04-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Everyone. I can tell you that the later dates will be up later this afternoon. They just approved to extend the packages through the rest of the year . I will give you a time once it has gone through the system.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

disneynarula
04-01-2017, 10:42 AM
.... and I got "Stiched" ("someone ate the page")

DisneyVampire
04-01-2017, 06:26 PM
Your future dates past the 7/1 dates should be showing within the next 4 hours.

disneynarula
04-02-2017, 11:18 AM
Nope... the dates are not "grayed" out anymore but you can't book for September by either calling or using the internet. It is huge nuisance that this is so ambiguous. I was told to check back every day as it could be any time soon. I am starting to wonder is this is purposeful.

DisneyVampire
04-03-2017, 10:48 AM
They are available.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-03-2017, 12:12 PM
Yep! They are available, but seem VERY limited. I was able to snag a dinner at Tusker House for late August though. :)

bmj721
04-03-2017, 12:45 PM
I was able to get a lunch for September. very pleased.

DisneyVampire
04-03-2017, 01:04 PM
Some dates are not available yet. System errors from 7/1-8/20

ThanxForNoticin
04-03-2017, 01:11 PM
Does anyone know if the dates can be booked through September because they're allowing bookings 180 days out (like ADRs) - and more dates will come available as the 180-day window moves? Or is the end of September just the current schedule, and more dates will be coming again at some point this summer?

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-03-2017, 01:44 PM
I suspect it will normalize to 180-days once they have worked out all of the kinks with the package. I know that people have been able to book for September.

ThanxForNoticin
05-10-2017, 11:06 AM
It's been more than a month now, and still no additional Rivers Of Light dining package dates beyond the end of September. Is there any news around as to when they'll look to extend that? 180-day dining reservations are now out into November - it would be nice to know we can get one of these packages in November. And if we can't, still have time to get a restaurant reservation someplace else. Not sure I understand the reason for not offering the packages on the same 180-day schedule.

DisneyVampire
05-10-2017, 11:47 AM
There are no dates currently offered past the 9/30 date as of yet. It is still being worked out with no ETA.

ThanxForNoticin
05-10-2017, 01:08 PM
There are no dates currently offered past the 9/30 date as of yet. It is still being worked out with no ETA.

Thank you for the info.

I know it's not news, but it's very frustrating when Disney creates this environment that all but requires organized planning 100s of days in advance of your trip there - but then they don't/won't commit to provide the information you need to make all those arrangements. I guess we'll just have to monitor the site to see when they open up the ROL packages. I hope it doesn't mean they're considering not doing this in the fall.....

DisneyVampire
05-10-2017, 01:27 PM
Thank you for the info.

I know it's not news, but it's very frustrating when Disney creates this environment that all but requires organized planning 100s of days in advance of your trip there - but then they don't/won't commit to provide the information you need to make all those arrangements. I guess we'll just have to monitor the site to see when they open up the ROL packages. I hope it doesn't mean they're considering not doing this in the fall.....
It is. I understand. If I find anything out, I'll let you know!

ThanxForNoticin
05-10-2017, 03:12 PM
Thank you very much. I'd really appreciate that - which is why I've enjoyed the Intercot community for so long. If there's news and info out there, it'll be shared here!

Thanks again.

pixiesmimi
05-12-2017, 08:14 AM
Nothing for November yet. I tried booking this morning. This is frustrating when you wait until your 180 date and then the things you want are booked up for that whole week already and some things just not available, especially when you get up at 5:30 a.m. just to book ADRs.:mad:

DisneyVampire
05-12-2017, 05:28 PM
Nothing for November yet. I tried booking this morning. This is frustrating when you wait until your 180 date and then the things you want are booked up for that whole week already and some things just not available, especially when you get up at 5:30 a.m. just to book ADRs.:mad:
There are no dates after 9/30 at the moment. They are still working on it. See previous post of mine

pixiesmimi
05-22-2017, 01:10 PM
Anything yet on the October and November dates? I check everyday but nothing has changed?

DisneyVampire
05-28-2017, 10:06 PM
Anything yet on the October and November dates? I check everyday but nothing has changed?
Nothing has changed as of today. I know they will be opening the second show until Labor day, but nothing has been proposed for after 9/30. I'm still working on it for everyone.

pixiesmimi
06-16-2017, 10:46 PM
Looks like October is open now. Still nothing for November. :(

dmallan
06-17-2017, 01:19 PM
Yes, October is open, but it seems nothing is available. Tried several dates, many times throughout the day and nothing is available.

EpcotFan182
06-19-2017, 06:23 PM
Slots opened up for October - I was able to make a reservation on MDE.

The dates were clickable last week but for some reason times still weren't open, I even called to see if I could make it that way but they said nothing was open yet. Looks like they are now!

pixiesmimi
07-27-2017, 02:06 PM
Still waiting for November. Anyone know if they are ever going to open it?