PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: ICOT 20 Schedule Released

John
03-25-2017, 06:11 PM
Hey All:

We've gotten a preliminary schedule together and are very excited. Should have it released to the public sometime late in the week!

A weekend of fun is shaping up with all your INTERCOT pals!

JOHN

brad192
03-25-2017, 07:53 PM
YES!:clappy: THIS!:yay: PLEASE!:joy:

I'm scheduled to arrive a couple of days before the "Big Weekend", and leave a couple of days after, so this will help my planning quite a bit! :woohoo: I'm eagerly anticipating the preliminary schedule (I know things are a bit fluid at this point), and am anticipating a lot of fun, friendship, and mayhem (well, a little anyway)! :thedolls: I've got some ideas about meets, which I'll post in the Ideas thread in a few days! Awaiting the post!:crazy:

John
03-25-2017, 09:21 PM
YES!:clappy: THIS!:yay: PLEASE!:joy:

I'm scheduled to arrive a couple of days before the "Big Weekend", and leave a couple of days after, so this will help my planning quite a bit! :woohoo: I'm eagerly anticipating the preliminary schedule (I know things are a bit fluid at this point), and am anticipating a lot of fun, friendship, and mayhem (well, a little anyway)! :thedolls: I've got some ideas about meets, which I'll post in the Ideas thread in a few days! Awaiting the post!:crazy:

Well, unless something changes, no pay event this time. Disney appears to have priced us out of being able to do that which is sad. However we have 3 days of stuff together and a pre-get together event as well.

Should be fun!

brad192
03-25-2017, 09:45 PM
Well, I guess Disney just doesn't understand their fan base. Too bad for them. We'll still have a wonderful time, despite their lack of customer service. Looking forward to the Icot 20 scheduale!

Fangorn
03-26-2017, 08:36 AM
John, thanks for the update. So looking forward to this. It's indeed sad about being priced out of the paid events, but I can't say I'm surprised by that news.

Steve

Lizzy
03-26-2017, 08:37 AM
Yay I can't wait to see it!

BriarRose0708
03-26-2017, 10:27 PM
We are all going to be together and it's going to be awesome!

Yungbuck73
03-27-2017, 11:24 AM
We are all going to be together and it's going to be awesome!

So glad your coming Nikki.

Hammer
03-27-2017, 03:35 PM
John, thanks for the update. So looking forward to this. It's indeed sad about being priced out of the paid events, but I can't say I'm surprised by that news.

Steve

Not only have they priced out most people out, they have become unwilling to work with people to plan events. I tried to plan to have a gathering for afternoon tea, as was done at the 10th and 15th anniversary celebrations, but if we want to be able to have a group larger than 6 people, you have to hold the tea at 10:30 AM with a limited set menu that can't be altered. I was quite disappointed.

Mr. Smee
03-30-2017, 03:50 PM
We are planning on being there. As an added bonus, DD will be doing her Disney College Program Fall 2017, in the attractions track.

TikiGoddess
03-31-2017, 01:16 PM
I know in the past we've done MNSSHP on the first night.

I looked at prices from last year... when did the party get up to almost $100??

I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in an event that costs more than a full day of park admission.

Just putting my two cents in... something to consider when planning events...

Kathy

Imalismom
04-06-2017, 08:05 AM
I know in the past we've done MNSSHP on the first night.

I looked at prices from last year... when did the party get up to almost $100??

I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in an event that costs more than a full day of park admission.

Just putting my two cents in... something to consider when planning events...

Kathy

Prices have not been released this year yet, however on the 13th and 15th they are offering the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

BriarRose0708
04-06-2017, 08:12 AM
Prices have not been released this year yet, however on the 13th and 15th they are offering the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

I am torn, I agree with Kathy that if last years' pricing holds and Friday parties are usually more than weeknight parties, then it will add up to almost a full day park admission. But, I was planning on not buying a ticket package until I know more about my schedule and the event schedule. I will likely buy a party ticket if that's what we decide to do, and then a one day admission to whichever park we go to on Sunday. Disney is expensive, it's a reality that isn't going away :unsure:

Yungbuck73
04-12-2017, 09:56 PM
The schedule looks great. It's going to be a fun time. I hope everyone can make it for some if not all of the events!

BriarRose0708
04-13-2017, 08:25 AM
OMG YAYAYAYAYA!!!! It looks great and it's going to be so much fun! I like how the schedule is a mix of traditional group rides and meet ups and some new experiences thrown in. It's also budget friendly :mickey: Can't wait to plan more with you all!!

John
04-13-2017, 08:45 AM
We haven't completely ruled out a ticketed meal as in the past - but it seems like the price increases of the last 4-5 years have made pulling it off a lot more difficult. So, we figured we'd plan an event without it - and if we can somehow make it a reality in the next 30 days or so, we can adjust accordingly.

The current schedule (subject to change) is here:
http://www.intercot.com/news/icot20

Ed
04-13-2017, 09:00 AM
Mercifully, there is no planned activity at a certain ride that shall remain unnamed (:thedolls::thedolls::thedolls:) probably due to the fact that the last time we did that, an entire boatload of Intercotees disappeared. There are unconfirmed reports that they all abandoned ship after the first 90 minutes of THAT song.

BriarRose0708
04-13-2017, 10:23 AM
We haven't completely ruled out a ticketed meal as in the past - but it seems like the price increases of the last 4-5 years have made pulling it off a lot more difficult. So, we figured we'd plan an event without it - and if we can somehow make it a reality in the next 30 days or so, we can adjust accordingly.

The current schedule (subject to change) is here:
http://www.intercot.com/news/icot20

Sounds good, I'd love to do a meal again. If it was kept in the $60 to $75 range I think that's pretty doable. As long as there are potato barrels and the bacon is crisp, I'm in.

Fangorn
04-13-2017, 12:36 PM
So the next big question is - will there be swag?

Steve

John
04-13-2017, 08:00 PM
So the next big question is - will there be swag?

Steve

LOL - Steve - but of course. Even if we don't do a big breakfast, we will have some swag - and will offer stuff cheap with the ICOT 20 logo on it soon.

TikiGoddess
04-14-2017, 10:49 AM
The schedule looks GREAT.

Now I'm really torn as to whether I'm coming or not... I'm finally looking at doing one of the Disney half marathons, so I have to choose between meet and race.

Kathy

BriarRose0708
04-14-2017, 01:18 PM
The schedule looks GREAT.

Now I'm really torn as to whether I'm coming or not... I'm finally looking at doing one of the Disney half marathons, so I have to choose between meet and race.

Kathy

Having done both, I will say this - runs can be like meets in themselves, depending on how many other Intercotees are there. But, even so, there's nothing like an anniversary meet. If a Disney Run is a goal for you this year, make it a goal for next year. My thinking would be RunDisney is year round, ICOTs are every 5 years...

Lizzy
04-17-2017, 04:14 PM
I have a stupid question, but only because I haven't been to a meet since 2005, when we do one like Soarin, do we all wait in the stand by line or are we all trying to get FP for that time?

Isabella
04-17-2017, 06:41 PM
YAY!!!!! Swag!!!! John has the best swag!!!!

I'm also all for a meal and willing to pay to play so to speak!

Figment!
04-17-2017, 08:04 PM
I have a stupid question, but only because I haven't been to a meet since 2005, when we do one like Soarin, do we all wait in the stand by line or are we all trying to get FP for that time?

Hi Lizzy :wave:

We'll do the group rides together in the Standby queue.

Generally, our team of Expert INTERCOT Parkologists picked rides that will be easy to do as a large group (read here as, "spun a large wheel"--we almost landed on The Circle of Life once ...).

Only exception will be the more informal Pandora Exploration Event on Sunday. This event will be more Play-It-By-Ears where we do some exploration together, but may break off into smaller groups to do attractions with or with-out FASTPASS.

Isabella
05-01-2017, 05:34 PM
LOL - Steve - but of course. Even if we don't do a big breakfast, we will have some swag - and will offer stuff cheap with the ICOT 20 logo on it soon.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! SWAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can anyone think Intercot isn't THE best Disney site EVER!!!!!