PDA

View Full Version : Explore Pandora – The World of Avatar with Nightly Extra Magic Hours

John
03-23-2017, 11:42 AM
Explore Pandora – The World of Avatar with Nightly Extra Magic Hours

For a limited time, May 27-July 4, 2017, Guests staying at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels can explore Pandora – The World of Avatar beyond regular Park hours.
Nightly Extra Magic Hours will take place from 11 p.m.-1 a.m. only in Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park.

This offering will provide Guests with an additional opportunity to enjoy everything Pandora – The World of Avatar has to offer – including navigating a mystical river, flying on a back of a banshee and walking under floating mountains. Please note valid Theme Park admission and a Resort ID are required.

In addition, Guests staying at select Walt Disney Resort hotels can reserve Disney FastPass+ selections for attractions, including those in Pandora – The World of Avatar, up to 60 days prior to check-in beginning March 24, 2017. Disney FastPass+ service will be available at the two attractions within Pandora – The World of Avatar during regular Theme Park hours. Guests may select only one of these two attractions in their first set of Disney FastPass+ selections, subject to availability.
If you have an existing reservation at a select Walt Disney World Resort hotel, you will receive communication notifying them of the Nightly Extra Magic Hours.

*Valid Theme Park admission required. FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make and available arrival windows are limited. Certain features and benefits require online registration.

As with Extra Magic Hours, Nightly Magic Hours will be available to Guests staying in Walt Disney World Resorts which are owned and operated by Disney, as well as Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin.

Pally
03-23-2017, 12:01 PM
The park will be open really, really late for Animal Kingdom. They must be expecting outrageous crowds.

Dulcee
03-23-2017, 12:22 PM
Woohoo! Was hoping to hear information on fastpasses....need to change my gameplan though since they are limiting it to only 1

cer
03-23-2017, 01:00 PM
Nice that they are doing this but did anyone else notice that the offer is for guest staying at "select" Walt Disney World Resort hotels...

Make sure you are staying at one of the select resorts before making your plans..

Dulcee
03-23-2017, 02:54 PM
Nice that they are doing this but did anyone else notice that the offer is for guest staying at "select" Walt Disney World Resort hotels...

Make sure you are staying at one of the select resorts before making your plans..

Other sources are reporting as all WDW resorts normally included in EMH (including Swan & Dolphin)

#1donaldfan
03-23-2017, 03:52 PM
I can't wait to explore this !!

Zippy 1
03-23-2017, 04:49 PM
They are expecting such large crowds that employees who can usually use there pass to get in have been blacked out from the day it opens until fall!!

disney obsessed
03-23-2017, 10:51 PM
My daughter is very bummed that she works there and cannot see it for three months

williamabutler
03-24-2017, 04:56 PM
That's not right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrerGnat
03-24-2017, 07:22 PM
They just announced cast member previews for May 5-6 and 8-12.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Figment!
03-24-2017, 10:53 PM
Nice that they are doing this but did anyone else notice that the offer is for guest staying at "select" Walt Disney World Resort hotels.. The term "select" is likely jargon used to (in part) distinguish the "on property" resorts from the "near property" resorts for the unfamiliar Guest. For one unfamiliar with where the property ends and begins, they might consider one of those resorts you pass on the way to the infamous Walt Disney World Entrance to be a "Walt Disney World Hotel" due to its relative proximity to the resort itself.

Additionally, any corporation the size of The Walt Disney Company is going to have various terms of legalese in any statement that implies a commitment on the rare chance they decided to change or amend their offerings.

It's pretty common to see the phrase "select Walt Disney World hotels" and there not actually be any exclusions (at lest significant ones) to what the educated Disney Guest (ie INTERCOT Member :D) would consider a Walt Disney World hotel.

cer
03-25-2017, 07:42 AM
As with Extra Magic Hours, Nightly Magic Hours will be available to Guests staying in Walt Disney World Resorts which are owned and operated by Disney, as well as Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin.

DOH!!!!

I'm sorry, y'all. I did not read the whole thing through. Please disregard my initial comment on this thread.

I'm sure John was somewhere shaking his head in disbelief, since he was the one who made sure that this portion of the promotional announcement was BOLD, to avoid the very discussion I initiated.

Sorry, John. I see what you did there. Sometimes it just takes me a bit longer. :blush:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-25-2017, 06:41 PM
Wowzers! (Seems to be my word of the day). AK at night is just lovely, and I can imagine that this is going to be breathtaking.

Of course, we're just going to miss it on our May trip ... something to look forward to on the August one. :)