PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to NOT using DME

Airblue1
03-20-2017, 05:58 PM
What are some alternative transportation groups you have used to get from MCO to the resort and from the resort to MCO, other than DME?
Many Thanks in Advnace

chefmickey3
03-20-2017, 07:42 PM
We have rented a car. We have also used QuickSilver. They will give you a 20 minute stop at a grocery store if you do round trip. This can save serious money if you buy cases of water and breakfast items. Sometimes we don't like to give Disney the control using DME because the waits can be maddening with DME.

VWL Mom
03-20-2017, 08:03 PM
We've used Quicksilver (Intercot sponsor) for years and are very pleased. The grocery (adult beverage) stop is 30 minutes.

faline
03-20-2017, 08:12 PM
Looks like everyone has pretty much covered the alternatives. Magical Express, of course, is the least expensive option.

lawgirl
03-21-2017, 10:39 AM
We used Quick Silver the last trip (Dec '16) because we opted for an off-site property. Our driver was very professional and we loved the 30 minute grocery stop. I would highly recommend them. I've never had an issue with ME lines, but we usually stay at Deluxes and I will say I have noticed the lines for the value resorts are usually much longer. I personally have never had to wait for ME...we've always just walked right up and had no wait. I did enjoy the personalized aspect of using Quick Silver.