PDA

View Full Version : Park days and FP+ Strategy/advice

j2k
03-20-2017, 04:25 PM
We'll be in parks M-F and I'm planning our days and FP. HS and Epcot are likely half day parks for us, just because my kids are much more interested in MK and AK.

I'm considering the following schedule.

Day 1 - HS in AM, AK in the evening for ROL (schedule FP at HS)
Day 2 - MK all day
Day 3 - AK in AM, EPCOT in the evening (schedule FP at EPCOT)
Day 4 - MK all day
Day 5 - AK all day, departing from the World late afternoon.

Thoughts?

The only thing we really want to do at EPCOT is Soarin and Frozen, both in Tier 1, so will have to standby for one of them. If we can FP Frozen we will and standby Soarin. If we can't FP Frozen we will likely skip it unless the standby line is not very long (unlikely).

At HS TSM, ToT, and the Frozen Sing Along are on our FP list.

At AK EE, FotLK, Safari, RoL, Dinosaur, Nemo show are all in the running for FP.

At MK Seven Dwarfs, Peter Pan, Big Thunder, Dumbo, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, and Jungle Cruise are on our list.

Sorry this is long. I know we'll have fun regardless of what we do.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts and advice you have. :mickey:

faline
03-20-2017, 08:18 PM
With all the changes Fastpass has gone through in the last several years, it's hard to advise folks on their best strategies. When tiers come into play, it's likely you will need to skip something or stand in a longer line than you would like. For example, I haven't been on Test Track for quite some time. It would not be our most important fast pass and the line has been longer than I'm willing to stand in. The only thing I can suggest is you prioritize your fast pass list as to what is most important to you and then go after those first. Some really popular rides like Frozen are pretty difficult to get so, if unavailable, you might need to move on to your second choice for your primary fast pass. You can always revisit fastpass availability after you make your initial reservations to see if passes open up as you get closer to your visit.

Good luck!!!

thejens
03-21-2017, 12:50 AM
It just seems to me that the new FP system is inferior to past FP system. I'll give it a try, but I am never going to stand in line more than 30 minutes. If that is what WDW is now, I'll be skipping it in favor of Universal and heading to the beach. I love WDW, but not THAT much!!!

PopPhan
03-21-2017, 07:59 AM
If you are talking about next week (3/27 - 3/31) you may want to look at the EMH schedule to firm up your park visits.

Monday 3/27 AK AM
Tuesday 3/28 EPCOT PM (2 hours)
Wednesday 3/29 MK PM
Thursday 3/30 EPCOT AM
Friday 3/31 MK AM

If you are staying on property, this could give you opportunities to catch some things that have excessive queues before the parks get too packed, or later when things start to calm down.

Just a thought....

j2k
03-21-2017, 10:08 AM
If you are talking about next week (3/27 - 3/31) you may want to look at the EMH schedule to firm up your park visits.

Monday 3/27 AK AM
Tuesday 3/28 EPCOT PM (2 hours)
Wednesday 3/29 MK PM
Thursday 3/30 EPCOT AM
Friday 3/31 MK AM

If you are staying on property, this could give you opportunities to catch some things that have excessive queues before the parks get too packed, or later when things start to calm down.

Just a thought....

No, it's in May. Sorry, I should've put that there. Thanks for the tip. I did look at EMH. The evening ones don't work for us but I'll try to rethink the days with morning hours. :thumbsup: