PDA

View Full Version : Garden View Rooms at POR Where are they?

bartman539
03-19-2017, 09:21 PM
We are in the process of booking a Garden View room at POR. Has anybody else booked this? And what section and building did you end up with? All the standard rooms have already been reserved.

BrowncatP
03-19-2017, 09:44 PM
I was going to say don't bother paying extra for a garden view, but you answered the question of why you are getting the garden view, "standard rooms all booked." I had the garden view the first time I stayed there. The rooms face the front and some are on the sides of the buildings. Enjoy the resort!

bartman539
03-19-2017, 09:50 PM
Do you remember what section and buildings you were in?

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-19-2017, 10:02 PM
You can be in any section or building, except the preferred buildings. They are in both the Mansions and the Bayou section ... all it really means is that you aren't facing something other than the parking lot or water.

There are about 2,000 rooms at POR, and about 800 of them are "garden view". If you'd like to be somewhere specific, I would make a request when you make your reservation. On our first trip, our garden view room was in building #18, but that has since become one of the preferred buildings.

Genie1953
03-20-2017, 01:53 AM
I think a good rule of thumb is that standard rooms are typically not good views and often look out into parking areas. We had Garden view a couple of times. One time the building was an H shaped building in the mansion side of the resort and we were located on the crossbar and looked out onto a grassy landscaped area looking toward the river but not able to see the river if that makes sense. The other time we were in Alligator Bayou section and looked out onto a small grassy area with trees and bushes. Both views were considered Garden view. Just FYI you can subscribe to Touring plans and use the Room finding feature. It allows you to filter for specific things...view...floor...king bed....queen bed...etc. you can then look at actual pictures taken of the view from the various rooms. We found it extremely helpful when deciding what type of room we wanted. We were in Oak Manor one time but that has since been turned into Royal rooms.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
03-20-2017, 01:19 PM
Here is a description I found on one site:

Garden View: These rooms offer pleasant views of the gardens, courtyards (including water features and fountains), landscaping or bayou — but NOT of the parking lots. Garden View rooms can be located in any of the buildings EXCEPT for Preferred Locations

As others have said, you can find these basically in any building except for Preferred locations, which I would assume means preferred buildings or royal rooms.

BrowncatP
03-20-2017, 07:30 PM
Everyone answered your question very well. I was in room 9777 which was a regular room in Parterre Place. That building now has all Royal rooms.

#1donaldfan
03-22-2017, 12:13 PM
We have stayed there many times and virtually every single room has a garden view ... if you use their view descriptions ... Once you get closer see if you can change to standard or request preferred. We always get either Bldg. 18 or 14, which are preferred now ... we like how close they are to the busses and food court.