PDA

View Full Version : Winter storm STELLLLAAAAAA

BriarRose0708
03-14-2017, 07:47 AM
I know many of us are in Stella's path. Who is home today?

I type this from my home as I work from my living room this morning in Ithaca, NY. I hope my fellow INTERCOTees impacted by the storm from Maine to DC are staying safe and warm. I am lucky to have the privilege of choosing to work from home and having that support from my employer, and I recognize that many other people don't have that choice and can't afford not to show up for work no matter the conditions. If you are lucky enough to have a "snow day" with no consequences, have a great day and stay safe. If you can't- if you are the person plowing the streets so our law enforcement, first response, and power companies can keep us safe and the wifi running, if you are the doctors and nurses who trudge through awful weather to deliver babies and save lives, THANK YOU!

missymouseworld
03-14-2017, 07:55 AM
So much fun....all home.....luckily they are IT and able to work from home also. Schools closed today and tomorrow. Woke up to about 3 inches and a sleet mix and heavy snow.

Stay inside and safe.

1DisneyNut
03-14-2017, 09:01 AM
I don't watch The Weather Channel which is who has decided to give winter storms names as a marketing gimmick but I assume that is what they are calling the winter storm hitting the Northeast. Anyway, it sounds like it is going to be a big one. Down here in the South, it dumped a lot of cold rain yesterday and if it snows there like it rained here, it is going to be pretty bad.

MNNHFLTX
03-14-2017, 10:48 AM
I don't watch The Weather Channel which is who has decided to give winter storms names as a marketing gimmick but I assume that is what they are calling the winter storm hitting the Northeast.Yeah, I can't really get into the idea of assigning human names to snowstorms. Always liked the old-fashioned way they were named, after the fact. Like this storm could be called the St. Paddy's Week Blizzard, or something to that effect. ;)

But in any case, stay safe, everyone! :snowball:

BriarRose0708
03-14-2017, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I can't really get into the idea of assigning human names to snowstorms. Always liked the old-fashioned way they were named, after the fact. Like this storm could be called the St. Paddy's Week Blizzard, or something to that effect. ;)

But in any case, stay safe, everyone! :snowball:

I don't like the naming of blizzards, either. In my memory it's always "the blizzard of '93" and "freak snow storm in October"

John
03-14-2017, 01:44 PM
Stellllllaaaaaa. Cold spell here in SC. Feeling for all the northern friends I left behind buried in snow today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk