PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on birthdays

Cinderelley
02-28-2017, 04:42 PM
When our trip planning started, we were going to celebrate two birthdays - one little girl turning five and one turning three. Now it includes 5 birthdays while we will be there. I am not sure how to handle it. How do I make each one feel special? Should we celebrate all the birthdays at one meal? Pick a specific meal to celebrate each one? Have every meal celebrate all the birthdays? Do something else besides a birthday dinner? They will all have birthday pins and first visit pins. Do I let them wear the birthday pins every day or have an assigned day where one girl wears her pin that day? If they were older, it wouldn't be a big deal. Birthdays are important to little kids though.

Zippy 1
02-28-2017, 04:58 PM
I would have each person wear their button every day. It was so nice to hear so many people say happy birthday to my mother in law. She loved it. We also noted birthdays every time we checked in for a sit down meal. With 5 you could probably rotate meals so each person gets a turn. Also let the resort know at check in. We came back from the park one day to a balloon and a card signed by Mickey and friends.

faline
02-28-2017, 05:37 PM
How exciting - five celebrations!! Let them all wear the birthday pins every day. When making dining reservations, let them know that five members of the party will be celebrating birthdays - even if each is not having a birthday on that specific day.

You might also want to do something that is a little special for each child on their actual day so each gets some individualized attention.

Kairi_7378
02-28-2017, 07:04 PM
Let them wear the button for the whole trip. The kids will feel like royalty and it is fun for the adults too.

My husband and son are usually celebrating birthdays on our trips. I have it noted on our reservations. We let my son pick the restaurant for "his" birthday dinner and my husband picks the one for "his" dinner. We also tend to structure our park plans around what the birthday guy wants to do. (ie for my son, we may ride more coasters, for my husband, we snack around Epcot.)

Cinderelley
02-28-2017, 08:35 PM
You might also want to do something that is a little special for each child on their actual day so each gets some individualized attention.

Any ideas about what this something special could be?

Cinderelley
02-28-2017, 08:35 PM
We came back from the park one day to a balloon and a card signed by Mickey and friends.

Maybe this could be the something special.

Euby
03-01-2017, 07:28 AM
I'm going to be wearing my birthday button the entire week, but will have a special birthday t-shirt on the actual day. Plus I'll have a Duffy bear with birthday shirt and hat attached to my scooter. Maybe you could get your birthday folks a special shirt to wear on their birthday? There are several designs on Etsy that are Disney themed.

faline
03-01-2017, 02:09 PM
Any ideas about what this something special could be?

Pick the park of the day? Pick the rides for everyone??

Cinderelley
03-02-2017, 07:09 PM
I like the Duffy idea. They are really young, so they may like that.