PDA

View Full Version : Parking logistics question

Dulcee
02-28-2017, 09:01 AM
We're driving to FL the day of check in. We rented DVC points so we can't check in until 4pm. We have a reservation at O'hana at 3:45.

I'm assuming if we head directly to O'hana, before checking in to SSR, we should be able to show our reservation documents or magic bands as proof of a reservation and not need to pay a parking fee, correct?

BrerGnat
02-28-2017, 10:24 AM
You will be given a timed parking pass (3 hours) to eat at Ohana. No worries.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

azcavalier
02-28-2017, 12:27 PM
Since when do they do timed passes? I've never seen that, though it is a smart idea. Last time we ate at 'Ohana or California Grill, we just drove up to the MK security gates, said that we had dining ressies at *insert resort here*, and they waved us through.

ThanxForNoticin
02-28-2017, 01:18 PM
Yes, I believe 'OHana is one of the restaurants that will provide the security guards with a list of names with dining reservations that evening - so giving them your name and an ID is likely all you'll need. The guard will likely confirm it on his list - or just pass you through. You wouldn't even need to be staying at Disney to dine there, so proof of the SSR reservation shouldn't be necessary. Unless you use valet, you don't need to pay for parking at the resorts you are dining at.

1DisneyNut
02-28-2017, 01:40 PM
You can also park at Saratoga Springs at use the buses or take a boat to Disney Springs and catch a bus from there if you get there early and want to kill some time.

buzznwoodysmom
02-28-2017, 03:51 PM
Since when do they do timed passes? I've never seen that, though it is a smart idea. Last time we ate at 'Ohana or California Grill, we just drove up to the MK security gates, said that we had dining ressies at *insert resort here*, and they waved us through.

We have been coming to disney at least once a year since 2002. As far as I can remember they have been giving 3 hour parking passes pretty much since we've been coming. Not every single time and perhaps not every resort, but I recall being handed a 3 hour parking pass to dine at a resort for as long as we've been coming.