View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Lodge - Starlight Safari?

Euby
02-27-2017, 07:13 AM
Has anyone done the Starlight Safari from Kidani Village? How does it compare to the Kilimanjaro Safari during the evening?

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-27-2017, 08:50 AM
It is a thousand times better! It was one of the favourites from our last trip.

You don't really "go" anywhere, they pick you up in a truck at the front of the resort, and take you into the savannas around AKL. However, what makes it awesome is the night vision viewers, the fact you get super, super close to the animals (I swear you could have reached out and touched them) and a very knowledgeable guide.

Since you stay generally in the same area, it is neat to watch the animals interact with you. Some followed the truck, some "showed-off" for the truck, and a couple seemed to purposely turn away. A glimpse into their personalities!

I think there is a nightly limit of 10 people, so a small group, with lots of opportunity for questions, etc. This beats the AK night safari hands-down.

We loved it, and would do it again in a second. Enjoy!

Oh! Just in case anyone is interested, you don't have to be staying at AKL to book this. It used to be an AKL exclusive, but that changed last year!

Simba's Mom
02-28-2017, 02:29 PM
I'm not familiar with the "Starlight Safari". Is that the one hour safari after dark?

Euby
03-01-2017, 07:18 AM
I'm not familiar with the "Starlight Safari". Is that the one hour safari after dark?

Details can be found here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/animal-kingdom/night-safari/

It's more like a real nighttime safari from what I read. I went ahead and booked it.

WiltonJohn
03-04-2017, 06:10 PM
Did it a few years ago. It is FANTASTIC! Worth every penny.

best,

..............john