PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge and Buses

merciantinkerbell
02-25-2017, 03:14 PM
So hubby and I have been talking and it may be that my birthday trip next year will be last trip abroad due to hubby's worsening health. We hope not but it's a possibility. Any hoo, we thinking about splashing out on a deluxe resort and as Poly waaay out of budget, Wilderness Lodge is a possible alternative. We don't hire a car as costs too much and we rather like Disney transport. How is the service from Wilderness Lodge? Especially to Disney Springs as would likely spend most evenings there as have done previously. Does it share with other resorts? Does that make for long journeys?
As always, thanks in advance for any info :mickey:

AndrewJackson
02-25-2017, 04:11 PM
We stayed at Wilderness Lodge last March. Since half the resort was under refurb, we were almost always alone when waiting for a bus. Never had a problem. With the new signs showing the arrival time, it seemed there was always a bus within 5-10 minutes away.

I'm pretty certain WL has their own DS bus.

sorcerer fan
02-25-2017, 04:13 PM
still best going to Disney springs from POFQ

VWL Mom
02-25-2017, 04:39 PM
One bus we refuse to use is WL to DS, for some reason it takes forever. They do share but I don't remember if it's GF or FW. For us it's well worth the cost of Uber. The return route they take is much quicker so we Uber/taxi there and bus back.

merciantinkerbell
02-26-2017, 01:54 PM
Thanks everyone. I've also looked at Touring plans website and according to their room finder section there's only 3 standard rooms that have a roll-in shower. That seems very few for a resort of this size. Anyone know if that's true? Hubby does need a roll in shower.

VWL Mom
02-26-2017, 04:49 PM
I was able to find a few reports online that seem to say there are only 3 rooms with roll in showers. They are a separate booking category so if you book it as such then it should be guaranteed. If you check availability on the WDW site, check mark accessible rooms and it will list all the different types and whether or not they are available for the time your looking at.

merciantinkerbell
03-01-2017, 06:25 AM
Thanks VWL Mom. We will booking in next month or so with Virgin holidays as have air miles to use up, but as not going until Nov 2018 hopefully the roll-in shower rooms won't have been booked. The more we look at Wilderness Lodge the more we like the look of it and as rooms have patio/balcony and more dining options than POFQ we probably won't spend as many nights at Disney Springs as have previously.

cer
03-01-2017, 08:00 AM
We just returned from our trip on 02/25/2017, and just as an aside, they are now offering one-way bus transportation from the parks to Disney Springs beginning at 4 pm until close. I don't know if this in any way changes things for you, but it does increase the options for getting to Disney Springs.

merciantinkerbell
03-01-2017, 10:18 AM
That's good to know and useful if still operating when we go