PDA

View Full Version : Water Parks Crowds in the Afternoon in late August

andypooh
02-23-2017, 11:05 PM
How are the crowds in the water parks in the afternoon? We have always gone in the AM and found the first 1-2 hours to be really good before the crowds picked up. We are considering doing an afternoon session in one of the water parks in late August. We would be there from around 1-5 when the park closes. Do the crowds really thin out the last hour or two or will it stay crowded till closing since it is the summer? Thanks.

BrerGnat
02-23-2017, 11:26 PM
How are the crowds in the water parks in the afternoon? We have always gone in the AM and found the first 1-2 hours to be really good before the crowds picked up. We are considering doing an afternoon session in one of the water parks in late August. We would be there from around 1-5 when the park closes. Do the crowds really thin out the last hour or two or will it stay crowded till closing since it is the summer? Thanks.
The biggest risk with that plan in August is the daily afternoon thunderstorm. Happens just around that time like clock work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

andypooh
02-24-2017, 02:52 PM
The biggest risk with that plan in August is the daily afternoon thunderstorm. Happens just around that time like clock work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That's a good point

Speedy1998
02-27-2017, 12:38 PM
My experience with the afternoon is that the park crowd thins allot, especially the the closer you get to dinner time. The last time I went in the afternoon, the last hour the park was open, there was no wait for almost all of the attractions, and a very short wait for the most popular attractions.

G8RFAN
04-18-2017, 09:43 AM
It starts to thin out after 3 which like already mentioned coincides with the afternoon storms that many times shuts down the attractions and everyone tries to huddle under any shelter, but weather permitting, it is a nice time to go. We've sometimes closed out the day at winter/summerland golf when at BB.