PDA

View Full Version : Ideas - Meet and Greets / Events / Things to do!

John
02-23-2017, 11:56 AM
So, in the past - we got together as staff and thought up fun things to do.

This time, I'd like to ask you - the community - what you'd like to do over the three days of ICOT 20.

Looking for group rides, places to meet, fun events, anything.

I'll say, I think Jellyrolls is a must - but other than that, everything is up for discussion :) Probably won't be doing an Illuminations viewing this time - as we've played that hand many times before.

What say you! :mickey:

Disney4us2
02-23-2017, 12:20 PM
Behind the seeds your in The Land. There is a new one hour elephant tour at AK, if it's still available at that time. I'm sure other ideas will pop up later.

Fangorn
02-23-2017, 01:11 PM
Personally, I'd love to do the breakfast at the Living Seas again. It was a lot of fun to kick off the weekend of the ICOT-15 celebration by having a meal together and getting a chance to meet folks. Plus there was bacon!!

Steve

BriarRose0708
02-23-2017, 01:29 PM
I always love going to Mickey's Not So Scary with the whole group on Friday night - the group ride on Small World (did we ever find that missing boat?), watching the parade and fireworks together! Jellyrolls is a must, hope that can happen on Saturday night.

Breakfast at The Seas was a great idea last time. If we aren't that into EPCOT again this time, what about Animal Kingdom? I know it's not everyone's favorite, but I think there could be some fun things to do there instead. With the new World of Pandora attractions to do, plus Rivers of Light and the additional evening hours maybe we could make that the Saturday event location? I could just see all 60+ of us getting in safari trucks and riding Everest together singing The Yeti is Down. At the very least, Animal Kingdom is a great bar!

Unfortunately I am going to have to head to the airport Sunday morning, but the live Podcast taping was so much fun, I hope you can do that again.

Edited: Perhaps also checking out all the new shops and the renovations at Disney Springs, a drink meet up at Trader Sam's or a Dole Whip meet at pineapple Lanai.

jennsky
02-23-2017, 06:45 PM
Don't forget the potato barrels too at the Living Seas breakfast!! lol!

My vote would be for a breakfast like that again. Perhaps an Animal Kingdom drink meet-up....it is the best bar on property. And a Gary's Column meet-up!

KarenP
02-23-2017, 07:50 PM
So looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Yungbuck73
02-25-2017, 04:00 PM
How about getting a group together for Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
Im all for MNSSHP and jelly rolls

JenniferP
02-26-2017, 01:55 PM
Personally, I'd love to do the breakfast at the Living Seas again. It was a lot of fun to kick off the weekend of the ICOT-15 celebration by having a meal together and getting a chance to meet folks. Plus there was bacon!!

Steve
I have to agree with Steve- I really enjoyed the breakfast!

texas211
02-26-2017, 07:36 PM
That time of year, something FW oriented?

Lizzy
03-05-2017, 05:20 PM
I will have my daughter with me so I wont make jellyrolls. I always miss the jellyrolls meet :(

BriarRose0708
03-06-2017, 12:22 PM
I will have my daughter with me so I wont make jellyrolls. I always miss the jellyrolls meet :(

I am sure there are trust worthy teens with good baby-sitting experience coming, maybe we can start a thread for that so no one traveling with young kiddos has to miss some of the late night fun!

PirateLover
03-11-2017, 07:14 PM
Guys... I so desperately want to go to this. And I want you all to meet my DD who wasn't even a twinkle in our eye during the last meet. But it's going to be hard. We are trying to save money to go visit our good friends in LA who are having their miracle rainbow baby, and also do two days in Disneyland in the fall, so it might be too much to swing this for all of us. Maybe I can steal my mom for the weekend to have girls only time, since she didn't get to go on our recent trip with us. Lots of thinking to do. <3
1 positive- my daughter still won't be 3 yet, so she will be free!