PDA

View Full Version : Sling TV

Gatchaman
02-20-2017, 11:42 PM
We're thinking of dumping cable for Sling TV. Can anyone offer pros and cons of Sling TV?

Thank you!

Speedy1998
02-21-2017, 12:38 PM
I was interested in it, but in my area to get the fastest internet speed (150 mps), without cable was the same price as getting the 150mps internet with cable.

Sling offers a 7 days free trial, you could take advantage of that to see if Sling meets your needs before you cut the cord.

Dulcee
03-01-2017, 08:00 PM
We've had sling for almost a year now. We have zero regrets cutting cable and switching to this. Cannot beat the $25 a month price tag. I highly suggest pre paying for 3 months and getting a free roku box. The amazon fire stick's speed is not great, the roku 2 or 3 is great.

Dulcee
03-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Also to address the above question, we don't have the fastest speed available on internet, we have whatever the basic offering for Timer Warner cable is in our area and it works great. We found our hardware (Roku 2/Roku 3/Fire stick) to be a much bigger determinant as to the quality of the stream.

dnickels
03-02-2017, 09:18 AM
Depending on the channels you need/want, you might also look at the PlayStation Vue service. You don't need a playstation to use it. There are a few 'Sling TV vs. Playstation Vue' comparisons out there if you want to get an idea of the differences.

Lindsey
03-02-2017, 10:59 AM
I dumped cable and now have Netflix + Hulu + Sling, and all of that is still cheaper than what my husband and I were paying for cable! We have smart TVs, (one is Roku), so making the switch was easy. We are really happy with our decision.