PDA

View Full Version : Pop Warner Crowds

PapaBaar
02-17-2017, 12:28 PM
I just saw that my planned vacation (Dec 2 through 8) co-insides with the Pop Warner National Cheer and Dance Championships and the Pop Warner Super Bowl. Does anyone have experience with how this will affect crowds at the parks? I'm a 50-something fan looking to enjoy the Parks and resorts Christmas decorations with low crowd levels.

Zippy 1
02-17-2017, 01:02 PM
While it will not be crazy busy it will be busy. There really is not a slow time anymore. Our experience was it was doable around the cheer teams. If they were in the park we watched where they were headed and just went the other way. For the most part this worked. Now with Fastpass+ and planning those before you get there it may be a little harder to avoid the groups at certain times. We had a great trip even though the groups were there. I would not advise staying in a value or certain modereates because that is where these groups stay and it does tend to be a little louder than usual. Have a great trip and enjoy the Christmas decorations they are wonderful

Speedy1998
02-17-2017, 01:09 PM
When I have been there during similar competitions, I have almost never noticed the kids in the park. Where I have seen them is around the pool at the value resorts (and they were loud, especially when I was trying to get my 3 year old to take a nap).